Home

This was called an incomplete pass? Are you kidding me?!?

This is a discussion on This was called an incomplete pass? Are you kidding me?!? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2009, 03:36 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: This was called an incomplete pass? Are you kidding me?!?

Great play too bad that happened though...
Old 07-24-2009, 03:39 PM   #10
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

It's embarrassing watching that play, and watching how nobody on the white team reacts to the option. None of them contain. It's like they thought it was a run off tackle. I won't be using the option this year, I just think it's broken as far as for the defense. I don't wanna beat people that way.

to be clear, it was a great juke and an exciting play - I don't intend to diss the OP here.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:39 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingspadee
I wish they'd fix this crap...you throw a perfect pitch when your wrapped up?

Your probably one of those guys who play online and when your completely smothered and your QB is going down you get that lucky crap out pitch.

Horrible play since being able to make a perfect pitch while being tackled is really cheap
Yeah its bad when you get hit while throwing and ball just lobs up in the air. But then when youre wrapped up, you make a miracle perfect pitch. It kinda contradicts what they are trying to do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 03:43 PM   #12
Uber Blazer/Beaver Fan

blazer003's Arena

OVR: 10

Adam (from EA) confirmed in another thread that they are looking at the issue of them not counting as stats and will likely be fixed in the next patch.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:21 PM   #13
Rookie

RazorFang's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingspadee
I wish they'd fix this crap...you throw a perfect pitch when your wrapped up?

Your probably one of those guys who play online and when your completely smothered and your QB is going down you get that lucky crap out pitch.

Horrible play since being able to make a perfect pitch while being tackled is really cheap
Actually, no I'm not one of those guys. I rarely run the option. When I've tried, I usually get hit, and then fumble. So please...don't judge me.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:25 PM   #14
Rookie

RazorFang's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
It's embarrassing watching that play, and watching how nobody on the white team reacts to the option. None of them contain. It's like they thought it was a run off tackle. I won't be using the option this year, I just think it's broken as far as for the defense. I don't wanna beat people that way.

to be clear, it was a great juke and an exciting play - I don't intend to diss the OP here.
I'm certainly not an option type of guy. I decided to run it b/c I had been running the ball consistently between the tackles, and they eventually caught on...they had started stacking the line and pinching the linemen. I wanted to run to the outside to throw them off. I decided to run the option and that's what happened. I won't be using the option during my online dynasties.

Last edited by RazorFang; 07-24-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:51 PM   #15
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorFang
http://beta.easports.com/media/play/video/7793590

It actually counted as a touchdown, but my running back didn't receive credit for the score or the yards. It's as if it never happened.
This was reported in the bugs thread. We have found that the game is counting a forward lateral as a pass (which it is), however the game state isn't correctly tracking the catch (because mechanically it is a lateral, not a pass and catch), resulting in incomplete pass stats.

We are going to be fixing this in the patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2009, 05:01 PM   #16
Rookie

RazorFang's Arena

Good deal. Thanks for clearing that up, Adam. I guess I should've taken a look at the bugs/glitches thread before I posted it here.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »