Home

1 star QB-70 ovrl

This is a discussion on 1 star QB-70 ovrl within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2009, 02:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
1 star QB-70 ovrl

im in my first year of my memphis dynasty and the CPU offered a 1 star QB and he automatically signed..i had used all but 15 minutes of my recruiting time and i guess he got a scholly..i expected to cut him as soon as he stepped on campus but he ended up being a 70 ovrl

anyone had anything like this? i think its cool that you can find the diamonds in the rough on occasion but i was wondering if they overdo it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 02:38 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 11
Re: 1 star QB-70 ovrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfree21
im in my first year of my memphis dynasty and the CPU offered a 1 star QB and he automatically signed..i had used all but 15 minutes of my recruiting time and i guess he got a scholly..i expected to cut him as soon as he stepped on campus but he ended up being a 70 ovrl

anyone had anything like this? i think its cool that you can find the diamonds in the rough on occasion but i was wondering if they overdo it
This is ridiculous. There are no diamonds because all of the players progress too much too fast so as long as you get a guy in at 70 or higher (regardless of star rating), he'll be a beast by his senior year.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:00 PM   #3
Rookie

MMMonty's Arena

OVR: 6

All of my recruits, which were mostly 2 star recruits, were above 70 OVR. I figure if players progress like they do, then a 70 OVR is pretty low
Old 07-29-2009, 03:02 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMonty
All of my recruits, which were mostly 2 star recruits, were above 70 OVR. I figure if players progress like they do, then a 70 OVR is pretty low
Not really because you're going to get 5-8 points of progression a year which would make your 70 OVR freshmen 90 OVR by the time they are seniors. Higher if they gain more than 5 points per off-season and you redshirt them.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:09 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 25

Follow him year to year...By his SR yr, he will be an 88 minimum. EVERY SINGLE recruit progress WAY too much regardless of * rating....NCAA10 is the year of steroid progression.

Wait til you get to year 6-7 and beyond where EVERY TEAM is at least an A- to an A overall, it obsurd.

Game plays GREAT though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 03:10 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Follow him year to year...By his SR yr, he will be an 88 minimum. EVERY SINGLE recruit progress WAY too much regardless of * rating....NCAA10 is the year of steroid progression.

Wait til you get to year 6-7 and beyond where EVERY TEAM is at least an A- to an A overall, it obsurd.

Game plays GREAT though.
That's the ridiculously frustrating part.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:27 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminKG21
That's the ridiculously frustrating part.

I hear you there. Not as much frustrating as it is just plain Stupid. But it is what it is.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:52 PM   #8
Rookie

sovvy's Arena

OVR: 0

I haven't recruited any 1 stars, but in my online dynasty with Illinois I recruited 2 5 stars that came in mid 70's. I had 7 3 stars with higher ratings than the 5 stars, including 2 of them over 80!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »