Home

Would you buy this game? (Read carefully before you post)

This is a discussion on Would you buy this game? (Read carefully before you post) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2009, 06:00 PM   #17
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Would you buy this game? (Read carefully before you post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCarloFresh
Unfortunetally thats not true....There is another option
Is BCFX out for 360? Dynasty mode? If it is, I'm in. If Crab wasn't on the cover, I wouldn't have bought NCAA. It's flat out not fun. I want something different.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:09 PM   #18
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

this is the fifa vs Pes argument..... for years Pes was the better game but it was fake teams or you had to find the edited files....

i always bought fifa, i dont know why but i cant play fake products, i'd rather play broken than fake.......

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 07-29-2009, 06:12 PM   #19
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvava
this is the fifa vs Pes argument..... for years Pes was the better game but it was fake teams or you had to find the edited files....

i always bought fifa, i dont know why but i cant play fake products, i'd rather play broken than fake.......
What was awesome about that relationship is that even though there were fake teams, PES pushed FIFA and now FIFA is pretty good.

I wish 2K would be that motivator for EA. I love football. I want an awesome football game. Hell, I wish 2K would sign a deal with UFL. I wish the would make a flag football game. Anything. Just give me a choice. Give EA some competition. I will gladly try any other football game that comes out on the 360 this year.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:25 PM   #20
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

i am loving this game but it pisses me off sometimes I am curious though what are some people's top 5 reasons they are uspet with this years game...

not to stray off topic, and lets be adults here nothing crazy just 5 things that make you say damn man i wish i didnt like sports games

here's mine
1. zig zag running on heisman
2. run block slider leading to impact blocks
3. cant get chew clock for both teams all game
4. if you have sim sliders why not have team sliders that can affect games i play
5. star players should be more dominant

my top five shows that i can still play this game and enjoy it, i feel people expect too much from sports games while, we dont necessary hold other genres to that high level and they have more production time....

for example GEARS OF WAR 2 they had 2 and a half years and they knew they were guaranteed to sell 2 million copies in the first year and still gave us a busted game thats completely wack people complained got 4 patches and its still trash............

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 07-29-2009, 06:38 PM   #21
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sois
What was awesome about that relationship is that even though there were fake teams, PES pushed FIFA and now FIFA is pretty good.

I wish 2K would be that motivator for EA. I love football. I want an awesome football game. Hell, I wish 2K would sign a deal with UFL. I wish the would make a flag football game. Anything. Just give me a choice. Give EA some competition. I will gladly try any other football game that comes out on the 360 this year.
I think if 2K really wants back in football, they have to approach it differently. They're essentially competing with not only EA but the overwhelming popularity of the NFL and NCAA; that can't be overcome with gameplay. I don't care if the gameplay is near flawless, the average gamer (read: target audience) won't ever know.

Again, just my opinion, but I think the company that'll challenge EA is the company that successfully makes a football MMO, basically the graphical equivalent of Goalineblitz. I'm not a fan of MMOs but if done right, this would definitely interest me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2009, 06:42 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 19

yes I would buy it and I have....

Madden used to be exactly this way before they got the NFL license.

The first version I had only had about a dozen teams and they were all named like "oakland" "dallas" "San Fransisco" etc.

Everyone knew what the teams were...they were even the proper team colors etc.
Old 07-29-2009, 06:58 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 6

For years PES was the better gameplay - not perfect, but certainly closer to the real tactics and feel of football than Fifa. I was one of the many who prefered a quality game of football to the arcade feel that Fifa had to offer. The release of Fifa'09 has totally destroyed the current incarnation of PES in my opinion - both in gameplay and real names/teams/competitions - and I am firmly entrenched in the Fifa camp these days as a result.

The lazy offerings of PES over the last few years, and the assumption of a solid and loyal customer base, has totally killed off the franchise that I once knew and loved. With the upcoming release of Fifa'10, I can honestly say that I no longer even consider a purchase of PES as an option. EA has its faults - as a NCAA/MADDEN/NBA enthusiast for many years I can say this with no hesitation or doubt - but in Fifa it has the solid makings of an absolute classic.

The upcoming release of Madden'10 should give us something to finally cheer about with respect to the franchise, a franchise whos expectations in many ways mirror those of the Konami/PES group in its assumption of loyalty. The unfortunately side or this progression is that it shall more or less make the slight gains achieved in the stellar NCAA'10 look hideously shabby by comparison. The well detailed franchise injury issue of NBA'09, and the 'it'll be fixed next year' attitude displayed, is just not good enough, and reeks of the same assumptions that killed PES.

In short, a good deal of attention to accurate gameplay detail shall triumph over cosmetics - at least for a short while. We demand accuracy - in gameplay and in stats/names - and we also demand the progression of a title. The '09 version of a previously underachieving Fifa franchise shows that we do not have to compromise style over substance, or gameplay over accuracy, but that we can have both in equal measure, and also the promise of enhancement via Fifa'10. I doubt this advancement would have been so forthcoming without the challenge and prior domination of the PES series.

Apologies for drifting of the NCAA/imaginary game subject slightly - the above references to FIFA/PES should be taken as comment on the development of the sporting genre in general, and not game specific. It is a decent game that breeds loyalty, and not a specific company.

In the end I think we all want the same thing - an accurate portrayal of a sport we love. Gaming requires an element of imagination from the participant, but not to the degree that we have to ignore blatant errors or oversights in fundamentals.

Cheers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »