Home

what is wrong with man coverage in the 4-2-5????

This is a discussion on what is wrong with man coverage in the 4-2-5???? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2009, 09:10 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
what is wrong with man coverage in the 4-2-5????

man coverage in the 425 can be sick, i love this defense, because it has many different looks, but if my opponent comes out in a 3+ reciever set for some odd reason the strikers (strong safties) will not align themselves up with the slot recievers

------------------------fs
---------------ss------lb--lb------ss
--cb-------------de---dt--ng---de----------cb
--wr------------ot--ot--c---ot--ot--te----wr----wr

if im playing and im on defense and this situation or anything similar arises, then i can expect that slot wr to be open off the los because the ss will line up right between the lb's and stop, i know i maybe the only loser who plays with the 425 defense but has anyone else noticed this? ur thoughts and opinions are very welcomed
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU
"IM SO UPTOWN AND IF U AIN'T MOTHA#$@ DONT GO UPTOWN, YEAH"

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 12:12 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Wink Re: what is wrong with man coverage in the 4-2-5????

I noticed the same exact thing today. Nothin' you can do except manually move the SS over to the WR, I suppose..
Old 07-30-2009, 12:31 AM   #3
Pro

Re: what is wrong with man coverage in the 4-2-5????

^^^ u can imagine how much that can take away from disguising a defensive scheme, i just pray that this "patch" will improve this defense, because its the only one to me that can cover the backfield and stop those passes to the flats AND still manage to handle the spread offense, that my friend is a beautiful thing
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU

Quote:
How often can the bug be reproduced? That's a question for the developers...I'm not testing this for them...
Old 07-30-2009, 12:37 AM   #4
Pro

wisecav's Arena

OVR: 16

I kind of noticed it. I think I've seen this but didn't really pay attention to it. I'll check it out later. But I usually play with one of those safeties and will do the assignment myself.
Boston Celtics
Boston Red Sox
Washington Capitals
Old 07-30-2009, 12:52 AM   #5
Pro

yeah i usually play as a striker (SS) but its gonna be usually in a zone situation, not man, in man i'll take the FS in a cover 1 or man cover 2 situation or ill user a linbacker blitz/coverage assignment. i cant dominate with this d because the broken coverage situation limits the playcalling, it sucks a little
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU

Quote:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 02:01 AM   #6
Banned

lol well in real life in the 4-2-5 defense the rover (strong safety) will never shift over to the other side of the ball, teams that want to man up will just run a basic two deep defense if it's a definite passing down, or put in a nickel back in for the rover(the safety that lines up on the strong side of the ball)

i really hate how the 4-2-5 defense is in ncaa, it's totally screwed up, in the robber coverage (cover 2 in the game) the rovers, and weak safeties are not suppose to have the halves of the field, but the corners are.....it's totally whack
Old 07-30-2009, 04:40 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

pretty much the same thing in the 3-3-5 the weak side safety will line up on the strong side but right behind the DT, if you audible to flip the play, the strong side corner lines up like hes going to receive a punt, thanks EA
Old 07-30-2009, 08:36 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshanks
lol well in real life in the 4-2-5 defense the rover (strong safety) will never shift over to the other side of the ball, teams that want to man up will just run a basic two deep defense if it's a definite passing down, or put in a nickel back in for the rover(the safety that lines up on the strong side of the ball)

i really hate how the 4-2-5 defense is in ncaa, it's totally screwed up, in the robber coverage (cover 2 in the game) the rovers, and weak safeties are not suppose to have the halves of the field, but the corners are.....it's totally whack

thats very true, the rover would never do that, he wouldnt line up between the linbacers to cover a guy in the slot either, man, what a horrible screw up
NCAAF- MIAMI LSU

Quote:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »