Home

I wish for next year you could adjust the sliders by 1 instead of 5

This is a discussion on I wish for next year you could adjust the sliders by 1 instead of 5 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2009, 12:34 PM   #9
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: I wish for next year you could adjust the sliders by 1 instead of 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsaQue
Everyone wanted more powerful sliders, and now everyone is complaining about them?

I'm glad I'm not a developer, because no one seems to know what they want.
So if you attemp to do something but do it wrong, should that be considered good enough and a success? I agree that EA listened, but they didn't correctly execute the idea into the game as they should have.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:39 PM   #10
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytay10
I hear ya! I was playing a game and the computer's pass completion % was higher than i wanted it to be. I decided that I should do something about it on the field instead of mess with sliders. I don't understand the people that want their stats to always be within a certain range every game. If that is the case then why play?

I love the idea of sliders and do use them myself, but i don't adjust them and tweak them during every game. I have run with some for 5 games and then tweaked them from there. Tested them another 5 games and liked the averages. Now there are games that are very good most of the time and then games that aren't.

just ask USC last year when they lost to Oregon St. They should have never lost to them on paper, but when it came down to it they lost. If that happened in a video game some would accuse broken sliders.
Just because you appear to take more of an arcade approach to the game doesn't mean everybody does. Some of us are going for realistic life like stats. I also think you don't realize how exactly we use the sliders. We are not constantly adjusting them all game long, nor every game. In fact, I adjusted the sliders after the first game and then played seven more games before I adjusted them again. If you read my original post you would see my examples of how they didn't properly execute the sliders in the game this year, thus giving us distorted stats.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:49 PM   #11
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

Quote:
I hear ya! I was playing a game and the computer's pass completion % was higher than i wanted it to be. I decided that I should do something about it on the field instead of mess with sliders.
Ok, let's take a look at that statement. I am playing the cpu that is rated about the same as me and on offense it has a pass completion percentage of 45% and a rushing yards per carry of 2.5ypc against me so far in the game. If I understand you correctly, I should not use the sliders to increase passing and rushing for the cpu. What should I do? Maybe I should put in my 2nd string defense so that the cpu could do better against me? Maybe I should only use the Prevent defense this way the cpu would have an easier time moving the ball?

Last edited by ab2c4; 07-30-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 01:09 PM   #12
Rookie

jaytay10's Arena

OVR: 3

All I am saying is the developers have a default set in place. Many people, including myself, like to alter those defaults via the sliders. Last year it was agreed upon that they basically sucked. This year they shipped the same way and everyone complained. Then a patch came out that changed that. Now people are complining the the effects are too dramatic.

It just seems that whatever is out there will never be good enough for some. I don't argue the fact that i would like a perfect game as well, but I am realistic about it that it will never happen. There are just too many variables.

Sorry if I seemed to jump you on this topic. I didn't mean too, but I think you got the brunt of my frustrations with all of the whiners, which I am not grouping you with, on these boards.

We just have to face it that no matter how much we want it true sim will not be here anytime soon.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:19 PM   #13
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

Quote:
All I am saying is the developers have a default set in place. Many people, including myself, like to alter those defaults via the sliders. Last year it was agreed upon that they basically sucked. This year they shipped the same way and everyone complained. Then a patch came out that changed that. Now people are complining the the effects are too dramatic.

It just seems that whatever is out there will never be good enough for some. I don't argue the fact that i would like a perfect game as well, but I am realistic about it that it will never happen. There are just too many variables.

Sorry if I seemed to jump you on this topic. I didn't mean too, but I think you got the brunt of my frustrations with all of the whiners, which I am not grouping you with, on these boards.

We just have to face it that no matter how much we want it true sim will not be here anytime soon.
It's ok, no offense taken and I hope I didn't come off aggressively either. I agree that we will never, ever, see a pefect video football game even when I am 80 years old. I think a good part of why people complain so much is because of NCAA on the ps2 and xbox. Sure it wasn't perfect but it was darn good. So good that it appealed to all types of video football gamers no matter how you played the game or what you wanted out of it. We just never expected so many of the basics in the game to take a step backwards when the new consoles came out.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:23 PM   #14
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
The sliders work...

Lost me right there.

Even post patch most are worthless.

I play on AA and believe me when I say NO slider will kill the CPU pass rush, you'll be sacked, hurried, etc. to death no matter the sliders. No sliders will kill the interceptions, a CPU vs. CPU game with no human control will still routinely produce a high number of int's with both relevant sliders set to zero. No slider set will get your left tackle to stop letting the defense in unabated with alarming frequency.

Yes, they do have a meaningful effect in some areas, but many key areas, not so much.
Old 07-30-2009, 01:24 PM   #15
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

Quote:
It would be great if in patch #2 they somehow improved the sliders because to be honest I think this is a half decent game if we could just tweak it properly.
I agreed in this post that the game isn't all that bad either. In fact I think it is really close to being a very solid game if we could just fine tune it a little better. I made this topic saying how I thought the game could be made better, in no way (at least I don't think) did I imply that the game was garbage in the first place.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2009, 02:03 PM   #16
Rookie

jaytay10's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
It's ok, no offense taken and I hope I didn't come off aggressively either. I agree that we will never, ever, see a pefect video football game even when I am 80 years old. I think a good part of why people complain so much is because of NCAA on the ps2 and xbox. Sure it wasn't perfect but it was darn good. So good that it appealed to all types of video football gamers no matter how you played the game or what you wanted out of it. We just never expected so many of the basics in the game to take a step backwards when the new consoles came out.

i know most wouldn't, but I would overlook some of the game play issues if we had halftime and post game shows like the 2K series did. Back when they had Chris Berman and he showed highlights from your game AND computer played games. That is just me personally though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »