Home

Incorrect Punted Ball Landing

This is a discussion on Incorrect Punted Ball Landing within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2009, 04:54 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 60
Incorrect Punted Ball Landing

Has anyone else noticed how incorrectly the ball lands after it's been punted? I've seen many punts first hit the ground at the 5 after a 45 yard punt, and then it'll end up stopping after one tiny bounce at the 3. There are way too many instances of this in NCAA 10. I want it to go flying through the end-zone most times.
It's getting pretty annoying and luckily sliders do nothing for it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2009, 05:11 PM   #2
Rookie

HokiesCavs's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Incorrect Punted Ball Landing

I've noticed this as well, but it doesn't bother me TOO much. It definitely should be tweaked to go into the endzone more often though. The one good aspect from this is that I've forced more safeties against the CPU than I ever have before because the ball ends up inside the CPU's 5 so often after I punt it. ^_^
Old 08-01-2009, 05:38 PM   #3
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

It really should be an attribute that is tied to any kicker and kick accuracy. But if a good punter aims the ball high, he can usually stop it pretty quick after where it lands. That's why if the goal line is within 40-45 yards, i'll aim it real high and basically try to get it to bounce/stick there. If further, i'll aim lower and try to coffin kick it. But yeah I like that you can make it stick...
Old 08-01-2009, 06:08 PM   #4
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

The ball physics (and pass trajectory) in NCAA 10 stink.

They really had the ball physics down to science in last-gen NCAA. The devs should figure out how to get NCAA 06's ball physics into NCAA 11.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:10 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer101er
The ball physics (and pass trajectory) in NCAA 10 stink.

They really had the ball physics down to science in last-gen NCAA. The devs should figure out how to get NCAA 06's ball physics into NCAA 11.
Agreed...it's getting better though. It's actually one of first things I noticed, not how "good" it is, but that it got better from last year...previous years it's been not just bad, but horrid. Just flat out stupid. It's one of the many little things that slips by EA every year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2009, 12:08 AM   #6
Pro

The more and more I see, it's really getting annoying for me actually. When they punt the ball inside the 10, then I let it drop so it'll go into the endzone, and it ends up bouncing one more yard and stopping (just about) EVERY time.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:11 AM   #7
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcoyk
Has anyone else noticed how incorrectly the ball lands after it's been punted? I've seen many punts first hit the ground at the 5 after a 45 yard punt, and then it'll end up stopping after one tiny bounce at the 3. There are way too many instances of this in NCAA 10. I want it to go flying through the end-zone most times.
It's getting pretty annoying and luckily sliders do nothing for it!
While i fully agree with you, also remember thinking the ball bounced too much in the past. Somewhere in between would be good.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:52 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
While i fully agree with you, also remember thinking the ball bounced too much in the past. Somewhere in between would be good.
Yeah... it just seems that the CPU always perfectly punts the ball on Heisman. And yes somewhere in between would be good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »