Home

Inopportune penalties

This is a discussion on Inopportune penalties within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2009, 06:32 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 8
Inopportune penalties

I haven't kept track exactly, but does anyone else feel like holding/clipping calls happen much more often on 3rd/4th down (i.e. the more important plays)? Is that scripted?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2009, 06:37 PM   #2
MVP

seriousluboy83's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Inopportune penalties

Not so much on 3rd downs just the downs were you really need 2 move the chains the most is how I'd put it...
Old 08-01-2009, 06:46 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

I was Texas against UL Monroe and had 6 TD's called back for penalties. My kicker ended up 6-6 on field goals and 2-2 on extra points. Most I have ever kicked in a game.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:23 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I don't see too many (with holding penalty slider at default and only turned up off/def PI, intentional grounding) on Heisman level. Though, when they do happen, it is ALWAYS against me and never the CPU. Never see a false start by the CPU either, despite my jumping the snap with regularity against them.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:26 PM   #5
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Yeah sometimes it seems the game is actually against you. I was playing a game where i had the ball inside their 10 yd line and a field goal would win it but i got 3 STRAIGHT HOLDING CALLS after each field goal attempt, which i made them all. The penalties took me out of field goal range and i had to punt, and yeah their was no holding call when i punted, so the game went into OT.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2009, 11:08 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 16

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
Old 08-02-2009, 01:08 AM   #7
Hi.

bling1202's Arena

I was playing online. I was down by 17 at the half and by time the 4th quarter came, I had cut it down to 3. I got the ball and started driving... eventually got to a 3rd & Long. So I ran a pass play and got about a 50yd TD. PENALTY.. Clipping. so I had to punt. Then the other player gets the ball with about 2:30 left on the clock. 3 times in a row i got it to third and stopped him only to get a Personal Foul Facemask against me allowing him to win by 3. WTF!!!!!

Penalties in this game are so eff'd up. I looked at the final tally and I had 9 penalties for 75yds and he had ZERO penalties. Now I don't know what he was playing on, but I had my setting on Balanced(as opposed to Conservative or Aggressive).
Old 08-02-2009, 08:49 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
you may be right. like I said, I haven't kept exact stats...but when I get 4 holding penalties all game, and 3 of them are in a row that take me out of field goal position to send it into OT, I get a little suspicious.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »