Home

There are bugs, there are glitches, and then there's this...

This is a discussion on There are bugs, there are glitches, and then there's this... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2009, 01:42 PM   #9
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: There are bugs, there are glitches, and then there's this...

The great thing about this thread is that it is constructive and very informative. We need more like this in order to expose the many flaws in EA's football games.

The bottom line is that even if the LB continues to backpedal playing the pass first when there are clear signs of a potential run I can deal with that, even though it should not happen in the first place. My problem is the fact that the LB's will continue to backpeddal after the ball has clearly been handed off. No excuse for that.

To the poster: You really should post more pics and descriptions just like you did here. I'm thinking of doing the same.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:46 PM   #10
Banned

WisconsinSports414's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown2600
The great thing about this thread is that it is constructive and very informative. We need more like this in order to expose the many flaws in EA's football games.

The bottom line is that even if the LB continues to backpedal playing the pass first when there are clear signs of a potential run I can deal with that, even though it should not happen in the first place. My problem is the fact that the LB's will continue to backpeddal after the ball has clearly been handed off. No excuse for that.

To the poster: You really should post more pics and descriptions just like you did here. I'm thinking of doing the same.

I agree completely. Something like that can be used to perfectly illustrate how basically all zone coverages are jacked up beyond belief this year.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:47 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Your analysis is too indepth for the NCAA team. First off it's not SAM, MIKE, WILL, its LOLB,MLB,ROLB in EA language. Reading key... I'm just happy the defense will adapt to the play calling!

But serously, you make excelent points, but I don't think EA will spend the resourses to implement this type of logic, when it may or may not increase units sold.

I wish they would, but hope is a dangerous thing when dealing with Sports video games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2009, 01:56 PM   #12
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

good post adem. i definitely see it whenever i run zone. the back 7 play their pass responsibilities before they play the run.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:12 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 28

Ugghhhh. This is similar to playing offense in Madden and constantly seeing your lead blocker(s) turn around and block someone behind you instead of the defensive backs in front of you. To me, that's a game breaker.
Old 08-03-2009, 04:56 PM   #14
EA Sports' Equipment Guru

KANE699's Arena

OVR: 35

Aj, im not sure if you understand what wide open gameplay means exactly.

Follow me on twitter @Equipment_Guru
Old 08-03-2009, 05:07 PM   #15
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
Aj, im not sure if you understand what wide open gameplay means exactly.

wide open gameplay = dumbing down the defensive AI
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2009, 08:59 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter
Your analysis is too indepth for the NCAA team. First off it's not SAM, MIKE, WILL, its LOLB,MLB,ROLB in EA language. Reading key... I'm just happy the defense will adapt to the play calling!

But serously, you make excelent points, but I don't think EA will spend the resourses to implement this type of logic, when it may or may not increase units sold.

I wish they would, but hope is a dangerous thing when dealing with Sports video games.
I hate this with a passion. The linebackers should line up on the side they're supposed to. The strong-side linebacker should line up on the strong side, but not in NCAA Football 10. That means sometimes I have my smaller, faster guy either covering the TE, or trying to stop the run while shedding a block from the TE or FB.

Not how it's supposed to work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »