Home

Recruiting Question for users who do not play with Juggernaut 5 star programs.

This is a discussion on Recruiting Question for users who do not play with Juggernaut 5 star programs. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2009, 09:55 PM   #9
Rookie

Sheik's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Recruiting Question for users who do not play with Juggernaut 5 star programs.

yes, I do it regularly....

I started out with San Diego State.

Being in the larger states helps a bit.
but, for the first year, I'm not gonna lie.
I don't think I even recruited any 5 Star Talents.

Go after the 4 star athletes
they'll be the one that can quickly turn your program around
and more importantly
I can't say this enough.

3 star talent is what makes your team solid.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:39 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Recruiting Question for users who do not play with Juggernaut 5 star programs.

I am currently using a 1* teambuilder team. North Dakota, with my highest recruiting grade being 1 B. My first season was really tough. But I was able to recruit 1 4* and several 3*. But in the end I left 8 recruiting spots unfilled because I was chasing 3 and 4 star players and 1 and 2 star players went elsewhere while I was concentrating on the better talent.

You may be able to recruit a higher star player if its in a position where you have great need especially if they have early playing time as there most or very high. I find if any 3 or 4 star recruits I can garner are usually athletes. They dont seem to have the bigger programs chasing after them. So you might be able to steal away an athlete or two.

I am on season number 2 and I seem to be doing a little better. I am garnering interest from 3 and 4* guys. It helps that I am now undefeated through 5 games and ranked, after winning only 4 games year 1...yikes.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yes, I do it all the time with Illinois. It is much easier to have guys in your pipeline states interested in you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 12:54 PM   #12
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

I've gotten 4* guys to commit to a 2* program. The key was they were in my pipeline states. and one had the pink diamond one time and i jumped to 3rd on his board.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:56 PM   #13
Rookie

marxshut's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiMbEcK11
Has anybody ever recruited a prospect who has a higher star rating level than your school? I do not think it is possible. When I was 1 star I was only able to recruit one stars, then got to 2 stars and couldn't get anybody higher than 2 stars interested. This yr I am 3 stars and trying to get some 4 stars, they are not interested yet, just wondering if I am wasting my time with them?
Clemson is a 3 star program this year. I'm able to land 4 * recruits and I have a 5* interested. I think it depends on the program because despite the 3* status, they still have some decent recruiting pitches.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:03 PM   #14
Banned

mvandor's Arena

OVR: 7

Yup, putting your Teambuilder school in North Dakota or Rhode Island sorta kills the pipeline state advantage. I would think that's real tough.

I've been using my Teambuiilder team too, but it's in CA, Long Beach State, so the pipeline state advantage is solid even with the USC competition.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:12 PM   #15
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

I use the Senior + 3 offline and on
-I add 20 guys to my board and quick call (30min) and offer them all schollies in the 1st week. (with any school)
-I usually land a recruit or two by doing this.
-I only target interested kids or the guys with no scholly offers late in the season.
-I tend to quick call guys until they are ready for a visit.
-When they are ready for a visit I call them to unlock pitches that weren't unlocked using quick calls.
-I don't schedule a visit to a game a feel that I may lose and I only schedule the 3 activities with a green bar beside them.
-I spread the love. The only time a recruit doesn't hear from me is when I make a mistake and spend too much time on one guy.
-The only time I drop guys is when the CPU or a User has a significantly greater chance of pulling the recruit. My philosophy, why waste time on a guy that has done all but verbally committed? I just drop em and add a new guy to the board.

Using this method, by conf. championship week I have finished my recruiting for the season. I may have a guy or two that was stubborn and didnt sign, but I usually snag em by week 2 of the off-season.

Call it cheating if you like, but I dont see how it could be considered that. A game only takes 45 minutes. Recruiting shouldn't take longer than the game to me. I work 40hrs a week and go to school full time. Getting a game in is a luxury.

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »