Home

OS NCAA 10 Preview: Big East

This is a discussion on OS NCAA 10 Preview: Big East within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2009, 01:01 AM   #17
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: OS NCAA 10 Preview: Big East

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoop
Wow, I didn't release you were clueless and need to be explained all. No, that isn't what I'm saying. I'm saying that for years, in large part due to Miami, VT and BC, the Big East was a well respected conference with teams compeating for a national championship. That's why. Not because of the stupid dark room thing you dreamed I implied.

Now, they feature teams like South Florida that just a couple of years ago was a mid-major. A mid-major that couldn't even really hang in CUSA. They didn't go from mid-major to national power. They were put up on the mantel by the name of the Big East.

The computers are horrible and we've seen the mistakes they've made, but the human element is what made the Big Least still considered a power when they are a mere mid-major conference, maybe one of the stronger mid-major conferences, but a mid-major non-the-less.

Also, the BCS itself is a farce. The comish of the Big Least was (might still be) its president. If he hadn't held that position when they lost those teams it might not have stayed in the BCS. The sports writers over hype that conference every year. If you rank an average team, playing in an average conference, in the top ten and they run the table they might be a top team in the computer due to fact they were over-ranked to start.

The Big East is NOT a power conference anymore. Will it be again one day, who knows? But it is a mid-major pretending to be a big boy now.
Then you are saying exactly what I said you are saying, only now the sports writers and the BCS president are in the dark room as well.... let me guess... I bet he says "EXCELLENT" in a real creepy voice?

Nothing you say holds water. They have a winning bowl record, winning BCS bowl record, winning OOC record since the break up of the original BE. AND it is hilarious to hear someone say that the MEDIA over hypes the BE. Many cities in the BE didn't even send media to the BE media day until this year. They are always being trashed in the media.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:03 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 15
Oh and when you leave things up to a computer to base your facts on what the BSC(I know its the BCS but real sports fans knows it B.S.) says about how high a team is ranked when they base it on so many variables that shouldn't matter anyway a BCS commitee are you kidding me if it was the TCS it would be settled on the field so I think you know what you can do with ya BCS algorithim. lol
Old 08-07-2009, 01:08 AM   #19
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrell28
Yeah the coaches know more than me but in this case you dont so THANK YOU lol.
So when the coaches had 5 teams from the BE ranked in the top 25 at different points last year?

I am not saying they are the SEC. I am saying they aren't horrible. They have 5 very good teams and any one of them are capable of beating just about anyone in the BCS on any given day just as they are capable of losing to them.

Ok... this is becoming pointless now. Goodnight and have a pleasant tomorrow all.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:14 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 15
Ok that I agree with but dont say since The U, VT and BC left that they are still on par or even better I never said they were terrible again I'm an WVU fan and I hear it too about who did yall beat and my reply GEORGIA and Oklahoma!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2009, 12:54 PM   #21
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
At this point I don't think the Big East deserves an automatic BCS bid. They should share that with an at-large team. Highest ranking gets one (that would also appease the Utah's, Boise St.'s etc.). It would be nice if Syracuse became good again for the conference.

I'd pick Pittsburgh to win it all if I didn't think Wannstedt was such an average coach.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2009, 07:21 PM   #22
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

I'm also sick of everyone dissing the Big East since Miami, VT, and BC left. It's still a competitive conference. That said, it'll probably be another competitive year with a lot of close games between Big East schools. Hopefully Pitt can pull off the championship, though they really need to find some consistency at the QB position.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:33 PM   #23
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Agreed. South Florida is my pick to win the Big East, but I think Pitt and West Virginia will be in it as well.
Don't dis the Big East, it's a tough conference, it may be small... but they compete as much as any other conference.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:06 PM   #24
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

People bring up USF, and how they struggled as a mid major, but look at their OOC schedule, and they consistently take challenges, I remember them beating Auburn either last year or the year prior.

In the last couple years though I would rank the ACC as the bottom of the BCS Conferences.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »