Home

MWC Conference Invites

This is a discussion on MWC Conference Invites within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2009, 05:43 PM   #9
Rookie

harrisonial2992's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: MWC Conference Invites

It just hit me that it might not entirely depend on the original conference. im sure that the region the team resides plays a bigger role in the conference they get promoted to. it would make a lot more sense.
Old 08-13-2009, 08:02 PM   #10
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisonial2992
It just hit me that it might not entirely depend on the original conference. im sure that the region the team resides plays a bigger role in the conference they get promoted to. it would make a lot more sense.
I think in agreement on that. I'm just hoping (w/BYU) to go to the pac 10 b/c i played a long time in the Big 12 in NCAA 09.

Mostly I'm hoping to hear from someone on positive or negative if you turn down a invite if you'll ever get offered again. Doesnt sound like it after what the above guy said
Old 08-13-2009, 08:37 PM   #11
Rookie

harrisonial2992's Arena

OVR: 9

Well, BYU does play in Utah and that guy a couple posts ago said his Utah dynasty went to the Big 12. so if the region the school plays in really is the deciding factor, thats probably where you will end up.

and as far as the declining invites goes i have no idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2009, 11:44 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 3

The region that a school plays in is the major factor. For the Utah schools, they can go into both the Pac-10 and the Big 12, but they get offers from the Big 12 much more often from the Big 12. Some of the invites can be kind of screwy, though. I've taken Colorado State into the Pac-10, Troy into the MAC, and Northern Illinois into the Big 12, for example. I've also seen Georgia Tech and Auburn get demoted to the MAC and Utah get demoted to the Sun Belt. So the regions can get a little weird.

At least in past versions, you get multiple offers. In a Notre Dame dynasty I did, I had gotten an offer to join the MAC. I declined, but a few seasons later I got a similar offer again.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:29 AM   #13
Rookie

shmoeco's Arena

OVR: 2

i was hoping to bring utah into the pac 10, not the big 12. dang it
Old 08-14-2009, 12:41 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

try playing teams in the conference you want to join, ie schedule pac 10 opponents in your non-conf schedule. beat up on them and you should get an invite
Old 08-14-2009, 07:58 AM   #15
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbird91939
try playing teams in the conference you want to join, ie schedule pac 10 opponents in your non-conf schedule. beat up on them and you should get an invite
That is what worked for you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2009, 10:52 AM   #16
six
Banned

OVR: 6

Hey guys,

I am MTSU and after one year? I got invited to Conference USA...can you change conferences more than once? I'm starting to think no, but I'm holding out hope I can lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »