Home

In one play I will show you the greatest problem in this game

This is a discussion on In one play I will show you the greatest problem in this game within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2009, 11:48 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: In one play I will show you the greatest problem in this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
That was in the game last year in various flavors.

I am not sure what factors cause it to happen, but it's annoying and sure does look funny.

I am not sure it's the games greatest problem since it doesn't happen all the time, but it surely is something to make up for an AI hole somewhere.
No offense, but speak for yourself. That terrible logic occurs quit frequently when playing another user.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:54 PM   #10
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
Guys, don't share this kind of information. If the EA team hears about it they may try to fix it and that will take away valuable resource hours they are currently using to develop season showdown 2.0 and the all new NCAA 11 feature "windsock builder."

Leaked info from EA/Tiburon: "windsock builder is the most dynamic, cutting edge feature in sports gaming today. Gamers are allowed to create their own custom windsocks and import them into NCAA. Gamers have the ability to set colour, texture, size, stripes, and horizontal access. Plus, gamers have the ability to share their custom windsocks online with friends and family. In addition, for anyone who preorders the game early, you will get 12 extra windsock builder slots and access to a FIVE minute windsock extended demo. Be the first on your block to sock... windsock that is."

"You can create a custom windsock and Erin Andrews will tell you if she likes it. Yes thats right, we said Erin Andrews!"

And for people saying that NCAA will get Maddens implementations next year, I wouldnt be so sure. With the small strides made from '09 to '10, it'd take 3 years to get all of Madden '10 in this game
Old 08-17-2009, 12:16 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

Leaked info from EA/Tiburon: "windsock builder is the most dynamic, cutting edge feature in sports gaming today. Gamers are allowed to create their own custom windsocks and import them into NCAA. Gamers have the ability to set colour, texture, size, stripes, and horizontal access. Plus, gamers have the ability to share their custom windsocks online with friends and family. In addition, for anyone who preorders the game early, you will get 12 extra windsock builder slots and access to a FIVE minute windsock extended demo. Be the first on your block to sock... windsock that is." [/quote]

lmao!

Alex Trebek: That's not a category.

Keanu Reeves: My mistake. I shall choose Balloons for $600.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 12:58 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7unholyconfessions7
Leaked info from EA/Tiburon: "windsock builder is the most dynamic, cutting edge feature in sports gaming today. Gamers are allowed to create their own custom windsocks and import them into NCAA. Gamers have the ability to set colour, texture, size, stripes, and horizontal access. Plus, gamers have the ability to share their custom windsocks online with friends and family. In addition, for anyone who preorders the game early, you will get 12 extra windsock builder slots and access to a FIVE minute windsock extended demo. Be the first on your block to sock... windsock that is."
lmao![/quote]

Hey, don't get too excited... I haven't even told you about NCAA 12 plans for mix and match goal posts
Old 08-17-2009, 01:08 AM   #13
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/8516092

OK, you'll have to watch this more than once to "appreciate" it. But watch number #44 of the cpu. Now mind you this is a defensive END. This guy comes all the way over from the far left end position on a stunt, runs right around 2 of my linemen who make zero effort to stop him and sacks me. All of this is done in about 2.5 secs. IM. possible.

Look at how fast he moves horizontally across the line, no physics of slowing down to turn the corner and sack me. No need for number 69 & 52 on my team to get mad....they did nothing on the play. Out of 5 OL, only 3 actually block. Oh, and I play with pass blocking set at 100 for me. Yet I still get sacked 6-7 times/game b/c of stuff like this.

For shame.
I don't usually make it a habit of agreeing with a Sooner fan, but you're right. That play sums up the biggest problems in NCAA 10.

Blocking logic is pretty bad, but that's not my biggest gripe. My biggest problem with NCAA is the player movements. The only way EA is going to get $60 from me next year is if they drastically improve the player locomotion system (player weight, momentum, acceleration, and cutting). I want small, nimble backs to handle differently than 300 pound linemen. If a defender over runs a play, I want him to have to slow down, make a cut, and then accelerate to get going in another direction. I don't want him to be able to stop on a dime, do a 180, and be at full speed instantly. Otherwise, what's the point of running any kind of misdirection in this game?

NCAA 10 is satisfying enough for me that if EA doesn't fix, or at least make some significant improvements, in this aspect of the game then I'll skip NCAA 11. We're a long, long way off though. I'll be pulling for you EA.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:38 AM   #14
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Guys, don't share this kind of information. If the EA team hears about it they may try to fix it and that will take away valuable resource hours they are currently using to develop season showdown 2.0 and the all new NCAA 11 feature "windsock builder."

Sadly, this is something EA would do.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:25 AM   #15
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Preorder sent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2009, 09:04 AM   #16
Rookie

cshearier's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
The blocking logic is flat out horrible, I think it is actually worse on runs than passes. I swear if I have one more blocker in front of me turn around, not block somebody directly in front them or block somebody behind me instead I may break something. It is absolutely ridiculous.
Yes, how many breakaway TDs are cut short because the lead blocker gives up and goes after an insignificant defender? Kinda like the big dumby forgets what he was doing or he was taking the path of least resistance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »