Home

History of Formation Subs?

This is a discussion on History of Formation Subs? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2009, 04:19 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: History of Formation Subs?

Oh, if it's going to take 300-500 hours, then let's not put it in

They obviously didn't spend 300-500 hours to improve pass coverage, blocking, punt returns, and other gameplay issues.

I wonder how many hours it took them to implement Season Showdown?

I really think that the NCAA team is content with where their series is.

And you can't say that Madden added in all these things yet was buggy. So was NCAA. All these games are buggy.
The New York Yankees
The Chicago Cubs
The Chicago Bulls
Machester United FC
Old 08-18-2009, 04:29 PM   #10
MVP

UtahUtes32's Arena

OVR: 7

So let me get this straight. It would take 1 person 63 days, working 8 hours a day, in order to get Formation Subs into the game? Or 2 for 30 days 4 for 15 days? B.S. That is a piss poor excuse.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:57 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I'd love to know why they added chew clock instead of a true accelerated clock. That decision made no sense. Same with the decision to add a new camera angle but not keep the old one as an option!

Adam said it would take 300-500 hours to add formation subs. But I would love to see that happen. It's a great way to get some reps for LBs and DL in certain situations, especially to get some pass rushing DL in the nickel and DL. I don't know when they first offered that feature though.

Custom playbooks would be nice - even without a play editor.
500 hours to add formations subs?! B to the S! The logic was already created. I find it very hard to believe that it would take 3 guys working a solid month on the job to add formation subs. If thats the case then mascot mash-up must have taken a whole year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 05:02 PM   #12
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
500 hours to add formations subs?! B to the S! The logic was already created. I find it very hard to believe that it would take 3 guys working a solid month on the job to add formation subs. If thats the case then mascot mash-up must have taken a whole year.
mascot mode is only an art swap(swap human player models with the mascot models that are already in the game). it took no time to make really.

I think when Adam posted that he was including the testing hours as well for that feature.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 08-18-2009, 05:16 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2

Adam said it would take 300-500 hours to add formation subs.
by my calculations, 500 hrs, working a 40 hr week assuming no overtime, thats 13 weeks or about 3 months or so..so meh..make no mistake about it, im not trying to belittle the effort that is put into making the game. I know programming is very time consuming, but if the devs put the communities priorities over their own, then i think the hours would be well spent...imo

Last edited by 1WEiRDguy; 08-18-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 08-18-2009, 05:21 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
FORMATION SUBS.... one of the most basic elements of football! How this has been omitted yet again is mind-boggling. Madden has had them now for two years on next gen. The NCAA team is not about re-creating a football experience, they are about fluff, gimmicks, and casual gamers.
Does anybody remember formation subs on PS2? Not only were you able to do formation subs in game in the playcalling menu, you could also do formation subs out of the game in the strategy menu for every single formation in your playbook, you could also do this ingame in the strategy menu. This was the best because I had my favorite routes for each formation and was able to put my #1 reciever at a different spot in every formation so he was able to run the most efficient routes. I would sub in my starting SS on kickoffs because SS is what I always controlled so therefore I was trying to get as many tackles and the best stats possible with my SS. In dime and nickel I would put my best/2 best LBS in the formation. Strategy subs were the best because I was able to put my players wherever I chose in every single formation in my playbook. It is sad that with the new consoles gameplay has degressed. With new consoles you would expect that game to be greatly enhanced and more detailed in every area. This is not true, PS2's gameplay for MAdden and NCAA was better and more detailed, it just had worse graphics.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:05 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
mascot mode is only an art swap(swap human player models with the mascot models that are already in the game). it took no time to make really.

I think when Adam posted that he was including the testing hours as well for that feature.
So 299.5 hours to get Formation Subs in, and .5 hours to test it?
The New York Yankees
The Chicago Cubs
The Chicago Bulls
Machester United FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2009, 06:12 PM   #16
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyekid
So 299.5 hours to get Formation Subs in, and .5 hours to test it?
it would take a lot longer than .5 hours to test something like this.

hopefully it'll be in next year, I really miss it, especially on special teams.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »