Home

PROGRESSION is not the issue, when are you guys going to get it?

This is a discussion on PROGRESSION is not the issue, when are you guys going to get it? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2009, 11:37 AM   #17
Banned

sois's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: PROGRESSION is not the issue, when are you guys going to get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyC5252
Take BRYCE BROWN for instance, the TOP RB in this years class. Hes rated around and 82. By his senior year hes rated around 95. Thats dead on.

But all the other FRESHMAN RB are rated around the same. So every RB is rated 95 and there is no difference between having a 5 star recruit stud RB on your team or a 2 star RB from the MAC because they are rated the same. If they were the same player, that player wouldnt of picked a MAC school, probably would of went to USC or LSU.

I have OVERWHELMING evidence that every single person who says PROGRESSION is broke, is wrong.

Its the ROSTER, its not PROGRESSION.

A better rated Roster and the problem is fixed.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE download my roster and take a look at the progression of the MAC, WAC, SUN BELT, INDEPENDANTS, BIG EAST AND PAC 10 and tell me If am wrong.

You are ignoring the fact that this was tested already. What is your solution to the level 3 recruits coming in at 80+? That essentially negates your roster edits.

Plus your roster edits don't help anymore in year five and forward. Recruits are still coming in to high and players are progressing to fast.

What do you say to this?
Old 08-22-2009, 01:24 PM   #18
MVP

FunkDockta27's Arena

OVR: 17

Cmon guys, he's just tryin to help like everyone else is with making the disadvantadges of this game be...less of a disadvantadge, and more enjoyable.

while the roster edits will help the first 4 seasons, yes after that it would seem as if it wouldnt do much good after that.

But if it helps for the first 4 seasons why complain? Thats 4 more than you had before...

FIFA12 PS3
St Pats 44 pts; 2nd place

NCAA14 PS3
Career W-L: 50-39
NoTex 2013 CUSA Champs
Old 08-22-2009, 01:57 PM   #19
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebarws6
How about it's a combination of the two?
Hit it right on the head.

Progression is f*cked, and the inflated player ratings aren't helping, either.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:09 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Once you get past the first 4 seasons I feel the progression is right on.

I think the biggest problem was the original ratings were to high, but that was the case last year too.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:52 PM   #21
Rookie

lil_taul's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeseChiarlo
Once you get past the first 4 seasons I feel the progression is right on.

I think the biggest problem was the original ratings were to high, but that was the case last year too.
I agree. i mean LIke in my 4th yr, i wanted a Pass Rusher DE which u can't find this yr or is rare to find. I got a 2 star and recruited him. he was 74. there is no reason a 2star should be 74. i got a 3 star RB, i look at his ratings. they were mostly b's and c's so i was like, he gotta be good. he turned out to be 83. thats jus uncalled 4 but i won the Heisman wit him too
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2009, 06:15 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 10

After editing so, so many rating. I think that the main problem is that any adjustments in a players main ratings causes hugh increases in overall rating jump. If you edit a QB's either Throwing Power, or Throwing Accuracy you get major jumps in overall rating. Even if you only go up 2 pts or so. Same with Speed at RB's, Catching with WR.

So, with the slightes increase with improvement after the season causes so many highly rated players. I still agree that Freshman comming into the game are rated high
Old 08-22-2009, 06:39 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

A lot of people have let you know this already, but there are multiple factors and what you're doing isn't going to help after you get through the first 4 or 5 years, because all the recruits come in too highly rated.
Old 08-22-2009, 08:27 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 6

After editing and editing, I am seeing HUGE HUGE HUGE results. I cant wait till the roster file is done and we can go from there, after I am done with it, you guys can slam the progression issue, I am just doing my part to try to fix it. Its probably not fixable, but this will AT LEAST somewhat help it hopefully.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »