Home

2nd Patch is out for 360 (I think)

This is a discussion on 2nd Patch is out for 360 (I think) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2009, 08:28 AM   #9
Rookie

mcpheje's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: 2nd Patch is out for 360 (I think)

Cool, since I'm stuck at work, I'm looking forward to hearing some feedback on gameplay changes.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:34 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 5

I can confirm that this bug has been fixed by the patch. Very happy to see this.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:39 AM   #11
All Star

OVR: 24

I played a game with patch #2- Oklahoma (me) vs VT

The pluses-
I do think the run block by the OL was a tad better
The CPU did seem to run a tad better as well- so maybe smarter RB
I don't recall a holding on FG or XP
I saw less issues with receivers releasing

The Minuses-
The things not addressed:
Rushing QBs still do not run- Taylor didn't take off once in that game
Fatigue is still wonky- You can still run your RB forever until he hits that magic fatigue level and then is gone for the game

Basically running game and the WR release were the only things i noticed. The other glitches fixed in the patch are not things that come up all the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 09:06 AM   #12
Banned

Strummer101er's Arena

OVR: 7

CPU definitely runs the ball better and seems more decisive. He makes smart cuts -- not jukes or spins -- cuts.

Robo QB seems a bit toned down.

Press coverage feels more effective -- I even got a sack by jamming the CPU's receivers and running an overload blitz.

Last edited by Strummer101er; 08-26-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:18 AM   #13
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
Fatigue is still wonky- You can still run your RB forever until he hits that magic fatigue level and then is gone for the game
what do you have the sub in/out at for HB? I've never had my HB just leave and never come back(unless an injury).

if the sub in is too high, eventually he wont have enough stamina to continue. your players will never regain 100% stamina during a single game. so if you have it at 100 or 95, they will leave and never come back until they get to that stamina, which would be the next game.

the HB and WR positions are the only ones that seem to sub in/out right for me.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 08-26-2009, 09:30 AM   #14
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
what do you have the sub in/out at for HB? I've never had my HB just leave and never come back(unless an injury).

if the sub in is too high, eventually he wont have enough stamina to continue. your players will never regain 100% stamina during a single game. so if you have it at 100 or 95, they will leave and never come back until they get to that stamina, which would be the next game.

I have it at 84/85. I purposely ran Murray more than i normally would just to see what would happen. I am however in the camp that the players do not sub enough. I would like to see Brown (in this scenario) subbed in every 3-4 carries for Murray) which he was not. I normally never see the #1 RB never come back either. Do i think its a huge problem? No, i generally just manually sub certain plays- but i did want to point out that i still see it and it bugs me somewhat.

Now the Rushing QBs not rushing is right there with the lack of the deep ball in prior versions. Its something they just have to fix to make it feel more college like and more difficult/fun to play.

Last edited by dkrause1971; 08-26-2009 at 09:37 AM.
Old 08-26-2009, 09:32 AM   #15
Pro

billysims's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice

Solid: where do you have your HB & WR sub in/out set at? I cant recall where mine are (I know I changed it a few times for both posititons).

I dont freak out over subbing in & out; I do see it happening @ HB, which is good, but havent noticed it one way or the other for WRs. However, the deal where the HB leaves and never returns is a gripe I have.

Let me know. Thanks....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2009, 09:35 AM   #16
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
I have it at 84/85. I purposely ran Murray more than i normally would just to see what would happen. I am however in the camp that the players do not sub enough. I would like to see Brown (in this scenario) subbed in every 3-4 carries for Murray) which he was not. I normally never see the #1 RB never come back either.
thats the same as what I have, but my HB gets subbed out after running 3 straight plays and haven't seen him leave the game for good(due to fatigue anyway). I agree it needs to happen more often, especially on defense. I never see a defender get subbed out.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »