Home

PETITION FOR EA: NO MORE GIMMICKS

This is a discussion on PETITION FOR EA: NO MORE GIMMICKS within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2009, 06:15 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: PETITION FOR EA: NO MORE GIMMICKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotboyz81
Na, hell na, screw that bull!, just play the game. No need to be picky. No need for this girly petitions. EA make great games, if you don't like it, don't play their games, it's plain and simple
OK, I'll play 2K5.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2009, 02:44 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
they just need to bring back the pregame stuff they had on last gen (teams running on the field, showing a star player warming up while talking about him), formation subs, custom playbooks, postgame stuff like they had on last gen (players/coaches shaking hands, celebrating, gatorade bath for big games, etc.).

And then they need to get rid of the gameplanning. I was skeptical about it when i first heard about it and i was right because its been a total fail.
Bring back the pre-game and you bring back the atmosphere... and that will win back a lot of us!!!
Old 08-29-2009, 04:19 AM   #43
Rookie

klumdat's Arena

OVR: 5

Signed.

..****Sh Um...
Old 08-29-2009, 12:06 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 1

signed
Old 08-29-2009, 12:37 PM   #45
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm signing. But the better thing to do is to NOT buy the game. A petition won't do any good. The only way EA will change is if their sales figures continue to take a hit. If they think making an arcade game is what sells then they'll continue to do that. The best way to speak is with your wallet. That's what I did this year and that's what I'll continue to do until I see a change. I made a point of not buying a new copy of NCAA 10 so that it wouldn't help EA's sales numbers. I bought a used copy instead for only $4 cheaper than a new one. The only reason I even bought the used copy is because I promised my dynasty buddies I would commish another OD. An EA developer on here, I believe it was Adam (OMT) made a post speaking of how they dislike the used sales market because they get no revenue from that. I would rather give my money to Gamestop or some chump on Craigslist than support EA in this mockery of my favorite sport. Hit EA where it matters to them the most.

Just so ya'll know, this is not an Anti-EA rant. At the same time I made the vow to not buy a new copy of NCAA, I made a vow to support Ian Cunningham on Madden 10. I hadn't bought Madden in a couple years but saw Ian was promising a more sim direction. While he is not quite there I like the direction it is headed. it still has it's issues. I'll give him another 2 years for my sim game. So far I'm happy with my purchase of a new copy of Madden. I play it so much I can't even bring myself to practice for the start of my NCAA OD.

The point is, stop fatting up EA's revenue numbers with new purchases of NCAA every year.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes

Last edited by deadlyCane; 08-29-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2009, 12:45 PM   #46
Rookie

Darkeus's Arena

OVR: 5

Signed

Fix dynasty mode NOW since it wasn't broken and didn't need touched.

If the game can be as good as last-gen NCAA then I will be happy. There is no excuse for current-gen to be worse. It is an insult to have us believe that games made on a PS2 can play a better game of football and have better presentation than the same game on a PS3.

I don't think so...

The Scarlet and Grey, best team in the land!
Old 08-29-2009, 01:50 PM   #47
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyCane
I'm signing. But the better thing to do is to NOT buy the game. A petition won't do any good. The only way EA will change is if their sales figures continue to take a hit. If they think making an arcade game is what sells then they'll continue to do that. The best way to speak is with your wallet. That's what I did this year and that's what I'll continue to do until I see a change. I made a point of not buying a new copy of NCAA 10 so that it wouldn't help EA's sales numbers. I bought a used copy instead for only $4 cheaper than a new one. The only reason I even bought the used copy is because I promised my dynasty buddies I would commish another OD. An EA developer on here, I believe it was Adam (OMT) made a post speaking of how they dislike the used sales market because they get no revenue from that. I would rather give my money to Gamestop or some chump on Craigslist than support EA in this mockery of my favorite sport. Hit EA where it matters to them the most.

Just so ya'll know, this is not an Anti-EA rant. At the same time I made the vow to not buy a new copy of NCAA, I made a vow to support Ian Cunningham on Madden 10. I hadn't bought Madden in a couple years but saw Ian was promising a more sim direction. While he is not quite there I like the direction it is headed. it still has it's issues. I'll give him another 2 years for my sim game. So far I'm happy with my purchase of a new copy of Madden. I play it so much I can't even bring myself to practice for the start of my NCAA OD.

The point is, stop fatting up EA's revenue numbers with new purchases of NCAA every year.
Already sign that petition as well! LOL

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:12 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 9

Sometimes I just don't understand, they care about money, but they would get more money if they actually listened to people who ACTUALLY PLAYED THE GAME?!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »