Home

High Interest.. No Scholarship

This is a discussion on High Interest.. No Scholarship within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2009, 04:04 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: High Interest.. No Scholarship

This has been happening for the last few years at least. Some guys just completely disappear, don't end up with anybody. I always just write it off as they failed to qualify for admission or whatever.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:23 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by -dirty-
Check and see if he's on their roster.
I dont remember the kids name. I remember that he commited there without an offer meanwhile he had offers from other schools that are considered to be respectable BCS programs, because well, you dont forget that. Especially when he had 3 offers. But, numerous times have I seen people commit to other schools without an offer when he had an offer to another school

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:25 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus9800
This has been happening for the last few years at least. Some guys just completely disappear, don't end up with anybody. I always just write it off as they failed to qualify for admission or whatever.
I have never seen it or have it happen to me in past games. This is the first time I see people committing without an offer meanwhile, they had offers to other schools.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2009, 04:49 PM   #12
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus9800
Never thought of it like that before.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:47 PM   #13
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

sometimes when you check the recruit list after recruiting is done, the players have a DQ next to their name if they didn't go anywhere. I remember it was like that last year.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:02 PM   #14
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

just because a school doesnt offer a scholarship doesnt mean they arent actively calling and trying to recruit that player. i do this alot myself and notice the cpu does this at times too. i will load my board with players who can make my roster, but i wont offer them because i may only need one or two for that position.

i try to keep my depth reasonable. so as an example, im usually 4-5 deep at HB. with 1 or 2 redshirted players, unless i find that freshman who can crack the top 3 in depth. with 1 senior expected to graduate and maybe an underclassmen go pro, i will be looking for 2 HB to fill, but i will fill the board with whomever i feel can make my roster. if the HB pool is deep then it will be several on my board. as i work my board a few will drop off and some may not be worth trying to compete over, till the point where i have my candidates set. alot of times i will offer to the best prospect and wait to see if i can push the other ones into the post season recruiting. i want to see what new prospects are available before i decide on the 2nd recruit.
Old 08-29-2009, 06:13 PM   #15
Rookie

jts20's Arena

OVR: 5

I've neveer noticed it but if I see it happen in my dynasty I'll check to see if he still makes the roster and report it back here. That's an interesting discovery. It makes sense that he would just walk on(Maybe his parents have money and he's a life long tOSU fan let's pretend?), but I don't know if the game has a walk on concept outside of if you don't recruit enough players for a position. Maybe a dev could help us out here?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2009, 07:29 PM   #16
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

This year in my OD I had a Corner and halfback commit without the scholly in off season recruiting. Both were soft commits and full interest. I had them for a visit to keep interest up but the next week both were committed. I was annoyed because I probably wasn't going to offer the corner a scholly but the halfback i would have anyways so thats ok.

I have all the recruiting visit and scholly offer stuff turned off so thats not the problem at all. I wish ea can fix this because it makes no sense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »