Home

Option Pitch Glitch

This is a discussion on Option Pitch Glitch within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2009, 11:15 AM   #1
Rookie

reese09's Arena

OVR: 2
Option Pitch Glitch

i know this topic has been discussed plenty of times, but i was just curious to know if anyone has heard anything official regarding fixing this. in the past, "forward" pitches have been counted as passes, and if the pitch was dropped it would be an incomplete pass. after being very mindful of making sure my back was within "proper" lateral position, i have found that there is a larger margin of space that counts as a "forward" or "incomplete" pass....far too large if you ask me. going back to instant replay i look at my long pitches, and clearly the back either got it as a proper lateral, and at the WORST the QB and back were on the same plane.

once again, sorry if this has been addressed in depth somewhere else on the forum. thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 01:21 PM   #2
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Option Pitch Glitch

I wish they would because I've lost the stats for two long TD runs off the option pitch in my dynasty. Both were counted as incomplete passes and it's annoying.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 08-30-2009, 05:36 PM   #3
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingFan4Ever
I wish they would because I've lost the stats for two long TD runs off the option pitch in my dynasty. Both were counted as incomplete passes and it's annoying.
Very, very annoying. I agree. I can't recall if they were counted as incomplete passes, but they sure weren't counted as rushing yards.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:42 PM   #4
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Very, very annoying. I agree. I can't recall if they were counted as incomplete passes, but they sure weren't counted as rushing yards.
I think now it'll count as a catch with receiving yards and completion.

but I've yet to have this issue, even 2 games using Navy so far. but I don't really pitch beyond the line of scrimmage, which it seems where most people get this glitch.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 08-30-2009, 05:57 PM   #5
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I think now it'll count as a catch with receiving yards and completion.

but I've yet to have this issue, even 2 games using Navy so far. but I don't really pitch beyond the line of scrimmage, which it seems where most people get this glitch.
Yes. You are correct. I had Jeff Demps with a 25 yard TD reception instead of a 25 yard rushing TD last night. Good call Solidice.

What's odd is I did not pitch it beyond the LOS. It was slightly ahead of Tebow, but still behind the LOS. Maybe I am mistaken though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 06:08 PM   #6
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Yes. You are correct. I had Jeff Demps with a 25 yard TD reception instead of a 25 yard rushing TD last night. Good call Solidice.

What's odd is I did not pitch it beyond the LOS. It was slightly ahead of Tebow, but still behind the LOS. Maybe I am mistaken though.
well if the pitch was forward, then it was a pass technically. but on the flip side, I have seen a few pass/pitches that were not forward counting as incomplete passes when hitting the ground.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Old 09-13-2009, 03:34 PM   #7
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

I just got one that counted as a pass. on the highlight screen, it is shown as an incomplete pass, however, for the QB and the HB it counted as a completed pass/reception and did add the yards correctly for me. I looked at the replay and it was indeed a forward pitch, only slightly, but it was forward. so it was correct in this case.

Old 09-13-2009, 04:38 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

I pointed this out as well recently. I just got done playing the game and this happened again. I had a 70 or so yard option pitch taken to the house. It popped up as incomplete pass and if you look at score summary, there is no recognition of that play ever happening. No stats, nothing in box score, nothing. But thepoints stay.

I dont understand it. This has cost me a lot of stats..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »