Home

season showdown

This is a discussion on season showdown within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2009, 06:58 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: season showdown

well then what is the difference. I thought that the SS games against the actual opponents on your schedule mattered... somewhat at least. but it is basically the same thing that it has been for the last month but JUST the addition of the rivals/allies thing?

and if so, are they judging the weekly winners by the number of points your team gets, regardless of what category (vs CPU, vs Nation, Trivia, etc)?
Old 08-30-2009, 07:02 PM   #10
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaphant83
well then what is the difference. I thought that the SS games against the actual opponents on your schedule mattered... somewhat at least. but it is basically the same thing that it has been for the last month but JUST the addition of the rivals/allies thing?

and if so, are they judging the weekly winners by the number of points your team gets, regardless of what category (vs CPU, vs Nation, Trivia, etc)?
from what i understand that how it is. the team with the most points in each match-up gets the win and as they go through each week they track of the W/L record and the top 32 team(maybe 64, I don't remember) will go into a playoff, instead of bowl games like real life.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 08-30-2009, 07:09 PM   #11
Rookie

that sucks. so basically it is still just a popularity contest? doesnt matter if for example: team A beats team B many more times during online play, if team B has 15000 people registered and playing, and team A only has 5000, then team B will surely win case they will have more points based on the number of people they have registered and playing?

i thought thats what would change when the season started, that the winners would be based on head-to-head wins. not points based on how many people you have sign up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 07:21 PM   #12
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

Quote:
that sucks. so basically it is still just a popularity contest? doesnt matter if for example: team A beats team B many more times during online play, if team B has 15000 people registered and playing, and team A only has 5000, then team B will surely win case they will have more points based on the number of people they have registered and playing?

i thought thats what would change when the season started, that the winners would be based on head-to-head wins. not points based on how many people you have sign up
for the most part it is a popularity contest. I believe it's a best of 5 in the categories(vs CPU, VS Nation, Vs Showdown, Trivia, and Allies & Rivals). so the team with the most vs. CPU points wins that category, the most with vs. nation(non showdown opponent) wins that category, and so on..

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Old 08-30-2009, 07:25 PM   #13
Rookie

thats my question.... how do you get the showdown opponent points? ive gotten some from one game when i played another VaTech guy through SS mode. but thats the only time.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:27 PM   #14
Rookie

and thanks for your responses too
Old 08-30-2009, 07:29 PM   #15
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

Quote:
thats my question.... how do you get the showdown opponent points? ive gotten some from one game when i played another VaTech guy through SS mode. but thats the only time.
you can only get the showdown category point when you use your team vs the team that your scheduled against for that week. I think it has to be online though. don't think vs CPU will count for that category.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 07:37 PM   #16
Rookie

ok i gotcha. so it doesnt matter whether i go through the SS menu or the Online menu, as long as your playing the team on your schedle at that time?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »