Home

What's more important

This is a discussion on What's more important within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2009, 02:33 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
What's more important

User skills controlling players, or user strategy?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2009, 02:41 PM   #2
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: What's more important

In my opinion its more about being a strategist or a smart player. Not throwing picks and finding your open recievers. User catching is kind of stupid. I hate when people think they're the **** for a user TD catch and things like that because half the time those catches are just them heaving it deep to Julio Jones or somebody and them just running it down themselves which the AI was going to do anyway. If you can't call plays you're gonna struggle.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:50 PM   #3
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special27K
In my opinion its more about being a strategist or a smart player. Not throwing picks and finding your open recievers. User catching is kind of stupid. I hate when people think they're the **** for a user TD catch and things like that because half the time those catches are just them heaving it deep to Julio Jones or somebody and them just running it down themselves which the AI was going to do anyway. If you can't call plays you're gonna struggle.
I tend to agree with this. I am currently play as UConn, and I don't have the talent often to match up with the better teams (Though the Big East is weak in my dynasty). I am able to adjust my defense as the game goes on (i.e. calling better plays in different situations). And I can only move the offense if I strategically call the right plays at the right time. There are a few high percentage plays (i.e. 3rd and short a FB dive usually works, or 3rd and medium a slant works), but this is also true IRL.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:02 PM   #4
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcduggan
User skills controlling players, or user strategy?
online - skills, thanks to all the cheesers strategy means nothing. thus the reason i gave up on online play.
offline - strategy. that's half of football. i choose not to control players, simply because it's either too easy or i make a gamebreaking error. if i call the play, let the CPU do the rest, it's all based on ratings and playcalling. no cheesy player skill.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:27 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

Strategy against the AI, which is not very football savvy. Skills against human opponents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2009, 03:47 PM   #6
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftball11
Strategy against the AI, which is not very football savvy. Skills against human opponents.
It's just as much strategy against a sim player. I've beaten some players who are better than me just because I pulled a few plays out that they had no idea I was going to use. Or a nice little use of the strip ball right when they try to break out of a tackle or push forward for extra yards.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 09-09-2009, 03:56 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
It's just as much strategy against a sim player. I've beaten some players who are better than me just because I pulled a few plays out that they had no idea I was going to use. Or a nice little use of the strip ball right when they try to break out of a tackle or push forward for extra yards.
I see your point, however the use of the "strip ball" is a stick skill and one really doesn't have to out whit a human opponent in this game, you just have to out play them. And that is especially true against cheezers. However, of no flaw to the player(s), sim or cheese, the game simply is not designed to be a chess match. However, the AI is not very football savvy, so if one can call a pretty realistic game, a human will beat the AI the vast, vast majority of the time.
Old 09-09-2009, 04:03 PM   #8
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Strip ball isn't always a stick skill. If you just try it on every play, it'll come back to haunt you. It's the knowledge of when to use it to time the strip that is the strategy part.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »