Home

How's your dynasty going?

This is a discussion on How's your dynasty going? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2009, 06:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
How's your dynasty going?

I am in year one of my Nebraska dynasty. I'm currently 4-0 and heading into my first bye week. I play on Heisman with tweaked sliders. I had a thriller against Virginia Tech in Blacksburg. I was running all over them, leading 29-7 heading into the fourth quarter when Tyrod Taylor caught fire. The Hokies scored 22 unanswered points and the game went into OT where I eventually won. Awesome game and it reminded me of why I enjoy this game more than Madden.

Currently ranked at #15. I created all of Nebraska's commits up to this point (Tyler Gabbert, Andrew Rodriguez, Donovan Vestal and a few others) and am doing well recruiting them, but Gabbert might be a tough one to land as I am currently sixth on his interest list. Any pointers on how I can lure him away from the bigger schools that he's interested in?

Stats through four games:

Zac Lee; 66% completion rate, 702 yards, 5 TD, 2 INT, 29 rushing yards, TD
Cody Green; 58% completion rate, 402 yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, 197 rushing yards, 2 TD

Roy Helu; 88 carries, 597 yards, 7 TD
Rex Burkhead; 38 carries, 276 yards, 3 TD
Lester Ward; 21 carries, 87 yards

Menelik Holt; 19 receptions, 288 yards, 3 TD
Antonio Bell; 15 receptions, 300 yards, 2 TD
Niles Paul; 14 receptions, 167 yards, 2 TD
Mike McNeill; 10 receptions, 144 yards

Ndamukong Suh; 20 tackles, 6 TFL, 4 sacks
Pierre Allen; 18 tackles, 7 TFL, 3 sacks

Looking to recruit well and aggressively so I can land the recruits that I created that Nebraska has as commits in real life... Any pointers with recruiting would be much appreciated!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2009, 07:23 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 26
Re: How's your dynasty going?

I have began a dynasty for my first time with my Tennessee Volunteers. It's been and easy start for us, as we are currently 3-0. But we slid by florida by the white on our teeth, here is the leaders as of week 3 and scores.

Vols: 45
WKU: 7

Vols: 35
UCLA: 17

Vols: 27
Florida: 24

Coach kiffin and his team are very excited as the rest of the schedule isn't that bad, his team is playing their hearts out each and every Saturday.

John Crompton #8
Passing Leader

Montario Hadrdesty #2
Rushing Leader

Marcellus Teague #10
Receiving Leader

The vols have some true freshman talent on the offense in Richardson #7 Brown #11 Teague # 10 these young men have constantly helped them move the ball in crucial situations.

The vols are very excited coming off that florida road win, but now it's time to get back to business.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:41 PM   #3
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Go Huskers!
The link in my sig has all my dynasty info. I'm using the University of North Dakota(obviously thanks to Teambuilder)
Doing way better than expected. I'm in year 3. Don't get around to it much anymore, thanks to college and football practice...
Old 09-10-2009, 08:16 PM   #4
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

7-1 with Air Force in Year 1, with tweaked sliders. Just beat #18 Utah at their place 37-36, on a touchdown pass from my dual threat wide-out (quarterback went down for 8 weeks with an abdominal strain) with no time left on the clock. He by no means is fast with a 78 speed, but he can launch it. My lone loss came to TCU 23-20.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:49 PM   #5
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

2 games into my 2nd season in my offline dynasty with Middle Tennessee State(2-0). first season I finished 7-6 after losing big to Louisville in the PapaJohns.com Bowl. Texas was the only undefeated team and beat Florida in the National Championship.

the season started really bad. I was 1-5 at the halfway mark in the season. but reeled off 6 straight wins to finished the regular season 7-5 and finished 2nd in the Sunbelt conference.

2009 shedule
@ Clemson L 14-3 - the game was not as close as the score shows, Spiller had 150+ yards rushing, I could do anything at all on offense.

Memphis L 33-21 - I lead at halftime 14-13, but got out scored in the 2nd half.

@ Maryland(finished ranked #17) L 27-24 - could have won this game, but turnovers killed me.

@North Texas W 25-16 - first win of the season, defense played great, NT threw 3 Ints.

@ Troy L 34-20 - Troy simply outplayed me. I was behind all game and couldn't get more than 7 points in the 2nd half.

Mississippi State L 42-32 - 3 turnovers for me, 0 for MSU. took awhile for my offense to get going and by the time it did, it was too late.

Western Kentucky W 42-3 - Rivalry game that was one sided. WKU didn't have a chance and only had 4 1st downs all game and only 100 yards.

@ FAU W 31-0 - Another great game for me dominated the clock, scored on all but 2 drives.

FIU W 20-17 - won the game on last second FG, very close game even though I had 386 total offense to their 197, 0 turnovers for both teams.

UL Lafayette W 38-17 - closer than the score shows, I had bigger plays that was the difference.

Arkansas State W 34-14 - killed them in this game, it was 24-0 at halftime, pulled most my starters to rest them for the last game.

@ UL Monroe W 30-28 - big come from behind win for me. at one point I was down 28-10. scored the final TD as time expired(8 yard TD pasS)

Bowl Game Louisville L 47-21 - Louisville flat out crushed me. it was 27-7 after 1 quarter. UL had 571 total offense. both HB averaged over 10 YPC.

so far in year 2, I'm 2-0. Beat Ball State 31-23. it was a close game, I got a FG late in the 4th to extend it and then held them until the end of the game.

then I got my revenged on Memphis at their home. Memphis came out swinging taking a 28-3 lead at one point. I scored a TD right before the half to make it 28-10 at halftime. then scored 29 points to their 7 in the 2nd half. defense played great, offense stopped turning over the ball. great comeback.

rest of 2010 schedule
North Texas
Penn State(supposed to be @Penn State, but it glitched out I guess)
Notre Dame
FAU
UL Lafayette
FIU
Arkansas State
UL Monroe
Western Kentucky
Troy

my team is pretty bad, highest rated player is an 84(LG) only 5 people over 80 overall. did managed to snag 2 4* recruits in the off-season, they waited till week 5 to finally sign with me, guess I was their last choice.

one is a HB(76 ovr), he is getting redshirted as there were 4 other players ahead of him. the other was a WR(79 ovr), and is now my #2 WR. I also had a 2* WR(75 ovr) who is now my #3 WR and has been the big weapon in the redzone on my offense. in 2 games he has all 4 receiving TD for the team, has yet to drop a pass too.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2009, 09:46 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I just played two games. Against Missouri, I won a hard fought game, 15-9. I loved the defense displayed by both teams and it was TOUGH to move the ball. Nebraska only had 199 yards of total offense, with 75 of them coming on a Roy Helu TD run in the fourth quarter. Zac Lee struggled mightily in the first half, only going 4-12 with 28 yards and 3 picks. Enter true Freshman Cody Green, who was able to control the ball better and finished 7-11 with 67 yards and a TD. Green also rushed for 33 yards on 6 carries. True freshman Rex Burkhead had his first taste of hard nosed college football, getting shut down (9 carries, 5 yards). The defense held up though and sacked Blaine Gabbert six times.

The offense rebounded nicely with a 52-6 win over Texas Tech in Lincoln. The Huskers could do little wrong as Zac Lee had his best game of the season, completing 18-22 passes for 220 yards and 3 TD. Freshman Cody Green came in during the third quarter and had his best game of the season as well (10-14, 179 yards, 11 rushes for 80 yards, 2 total TD). Rex Burkhead also showed Texas Tech what they are missing out on by losing the recruiting battle for him with Nebraska, as he rushed 18 times for 122 yards and 2 scores.

Nebraska (6-0, #8) looks to the next week with another home game in Lincoln against Iowa State.

Sadly, I lost out on Tyler Gabbert. He committed to Texas. I still am in the running for all my other recruits though, so it looks like another Gabbert kid backed out on Nebraska. Oh well, I'd say the QB position is in good hands with Cody Green.

Keep the stories coming guys, it's cool to hear about everyone's dynasty.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:12 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

as detailed in http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2040154892

I've had two online dynasties fail because of the issue with results being simmed after being played. Both times has it cost me the conference title, and in the most recent result it nullified about an hour's worth of time spent on recruiting. I've gone from loving the game to wanting to trade it in less than 24 hours.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:15 PM   #8
Midtable shrug

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffHCross
as detailed in http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2040154892

I've had two online dynasties fail because of the issue with results being simmed after being played. Both times has it cost me the conference title, and in the most recent result it nullified about an hour's worth of time spent on recruiting. I've gone from loving the game to wanting to trade it in less than 24 hours.
one reason i don't play online. the online play is busted. like you have proven above.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »