Home

Is it possible to create an ATH?

This is a discussion on Is it possible to create an ATH? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2009, 01:55 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Is it possible to create an ATH?

I usually create 10-15 guys before recruiting season. I usually will create a lot of the Rivals 100 guys. Yeah, obviously not all of them end up where they're really going, but it's cool to battle it out with the big schools to lure some of these prospects. I try to make a fair share of 'athletes' but it never lists them an athlete. I can make them have good ratings in different areas, such as speed, catching, throw power and accuracy, tackle, pursuit, etc... They always end up as the position I select them as. If I make a CB but he rates out better as a WR, he should be listed as an athlete. Likewise a WR that might rate out better as a QB or a safety.

Just wondering if anyone has figured this out... but it probably can't be done. I know in earlier versions on the 360, I was able to create athletes but this year it seems to be impossible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 02:05 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 38
Re: Is it possible to create an ATH?

No never tried, but good idea with the Rivals top 100 thing. I like that a lot I think I might start doing that.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:43 AM   #3
Rookie

Landonio's Arena

OVR: 2

^Me too.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:15 AM   #4
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

I was able to do it on old gen version by giving a player decent ratings in key position ratings; such as high tackle, catching and break tackle. But again, this was on old gen, haven't tried it recently.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:27 AM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
I was able to do it on old gen version by giving a player decent ratings in key position ratings; such as high tackle, catching and break tackle. But again, this was on old gen, haven't tried it recently.
Yea, exactly how do you go about rating these players, Curry59?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2009, 04:15 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
Yea, exactly how do you go about rating these players, Curry59?
If you're asking how do I make them athletes, I haven't figured that out yet. What I do try and do is take a guy who is a stud athlete in real life, like Robert Woods:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...rt-Woods-81097

If you scroll down and look at his stats, the dude could be rated fairly high in RB attributes, WR attributes, and defensive attributes. So, I figured if I gave him at least a rating of 70 in these (sometimes higher) then the game would recognize that and make him an athlete. It doesn't though. When I create him, if I make him a WR, he stays a WR, even if he rates better as a RB or CB. This is something that EA should look at in the future. The title of 'athlete' is who I want to go after, and there are a decent number of athletes available in recruiting, but I want to be able to create them myself.

As far as just creating some of the Rivals 100 recruits, I check out their profile on Rivals or Scout and do my best to create them. They list 40 times, bench max and other measurables that I use when making a recruit. If a guy is a 4* he will be rated accordingly, with an overall of no higher than 78. If a guy is a 3* or 2*, I will rate them between 70 and 74. For a stud like Bryce Brown or Terrell Pryor, they will obviously be 5* and could see an overall ranking as high as 85.

Hopefully I answered your question. I doubt that it's possible to create athletes this year, which sucks... but oh well. It is fun to create real life guys though, so use the Rivals 100 for that. I've been doing it for a few years and I'd probably create all 100 if it wasn't so time consuming...

NCAA 2010 Dynasty: Nebraska Cornhuskers
Record: 12-0
Ranking: #4 AP, #4 Coaches Poll, #3 BCS
Last Game: @ Colorado (W, 52-0)
Next Game:
#1 Texas (Big 12 Championship Game)

Last edited by Curry59; 09-11-2009 at 04:21 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:28 AM   #7
MVP

Thank you very much, sir.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »