Home

Recruiting Rules

This is a discussion on Recruiting Rules within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2009, 09:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Recruiting Rules

I don't buy NCAA every year, but it seems like every year that I have, recruiting is too easy. This is partially my fault (in that I play as Alabama, which has an easier time of it than most) and partially the fault of the game (play any game enough, and you'll learn the tricks of the trade and recruiting will just naturally become easier).

My point being, I like to play with some self-imposed limitations on my recruiting. Does anyone have a set of such limitations that they use that I could steal?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 09:32 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Recruiting Rules

I don't know them off the top of my head but if you look around in the Online Dynasty section and look at some of the rules they've set up. I generally those in my offline dynasty.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:10 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I've got a few:

1. Can only offer/sign the same number of players I'm losing. So if I have 15 seniors, I can only sign 15. If two juniors bolt early, then I can go up to 17.

2. Can only sign 20 max regardless of how many players I lose.

3. Can only target players interested in me (with a green dot). Lone exception are in-state players.

4. I fill up my recruiting board at the start of the season. I can't replace a player on my board until he signs elsewhere. So if I'm having no luck with a player, he still occupies a spot on my board.

5. I can't reuse a pitch during a call unless it's to hard sell that pitch.

6. I stay on a call until either the interest meter is full or the recruit hangs up on me.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:14 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 20

I don't recruit. I pick the players I want at the beginning of the season and let the computer recruit for me.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:29 PM   #5
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

1) I only recurit the number I have leaving. If I have 15 out going seniors then that is all I go after. In the off-season I fill holes of players that leave early.
2) I don't try to keep players from leaving (Draft or Transfer)
3 No 5* or 4* players unles they will start within 2 years. They must start as freshmen or red shirt then start.
4)If I have depth at a position then only 3* or 2* players to fill a hole.
5)If I don't use a position much like fullback then I take walk-ons and play a tightend at that position on my depth chart.
6)In-state and pipeline states come first.
7)When I have a need I add 2 players per position unless the need is greater then 2, then I add 2 plaerys per neeed. Exp. Need 2 MLB's = 4 mlb's on my recuriting board.

It sucks to put rules on your self so the game stays fun but that is what we have to do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2009, 05:02 PM   #6
stewaat

OVR:

I can only recruit from 4 states...but they are pretty good states. BUT, if the states have a down year, my recruiting sucks.

I'm Minnesota who already had the pipeline states of : CA, TX, MN, OH

It makes it much better. It's tough to lay off those studs who are interested though!

Old 09-24-2009, 05:24 PM   #7
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Recruiting has always been too easy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »