Home

Anyone else back playing 09?

This is a discussion on Anyone else back playing 09? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2009, 12:47 PM   #9
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Anyone else back playing 09?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazer003
Nope. '09 was/is absolutely terrible. I love the improved gameplay of '10, and now that there aren't as many disconnects in OD, I think I'll be that much happier. '09 gameplay is liked by people who don't mind the fact that they can run slants the whole game and win.
I agree, the speed cheats in NCAA '09 make it unplayable in hindsight for me.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:55 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

Nope, in my opinion NCAA 10 is much better than 09. It's great to play a game where ratings other than speed matter. An 87 spd WR is actually useful if he runs good routes and has a good release rating. Power running backs actually matter, as opposed to just putting your fastest guy in the backfield and cutting him loose. Last year felt like the only thing that was important was speed, put your 11 fastest guys on defense and shut your opponent down. That's just how I felt about it though, to each his own.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:00 PM   #11
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19

The running game is 100x better in 2010. Passing in 2009 was either ridiculously easy, or almost impossible because the sliders were so terrible. In 2009 the only stat that mattered was speed. 2010 is much better overall IMO... except for the D-line INTs lol i really hate those.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2009, 09:31 PM   #12
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxattax3
The running game is 100x better in 2010. Passing in 2009 was either ridiculously easy, or almost impossible because the sliders were so terrible. In 2009 the only stat that mattered was speed. 2010 is much better overall IMO... except for the D-line INTs lol i really hate those.
The sliders WERE awful in '09. I swear that game could have been so much better if they would have patched them to have the same impact as '10.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:38 AM   #13
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

I went back to 09 and actually enjoyed it. Sure, it has flaws but all games do. You can literally go back to the first NCAA and find a fatal gameplay flaw in every single installment. The only issue is that some people abuse it and complain. I just simmed a season and it was nice seeing Beenie Wells rushing for 1,800 yards, 22 TD, 5.6 ypc and having 53 1,000 yard rushers, etc. Hell, even the progression is pretty good in this game. If you don't abuse it, it can be a pretty challenging game. I just started a dynasty with UCLA and lost a nail biter to Tennessee 21-20. Forbath missed a 49 yard field goal with :03 left.

Pat Cowan went 12-21 for 144 yards, TD, and an INT.
Raymond Carter led my team with 60 yards on the ground on 13 carries.

Jonathon Crompton went 17-30 for 233 yards, 2 TDs, and 2 INTS.
Eric Berry was a monster compiling 10 tackles, FF, FR, and had an INT.

Last edited by hitstreak13; 09-30-2009 at 01:41 AM.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:42 AM   #14
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Took LSU into Georgia last night and won 21-17! Trindon Holliday returned a kick for a TD that was the winning score. I will admit that speed on returns makes them too easy. Stafford and Moreno actually had a pretty good day.

I challenged a 4th down conversion where Stafford went deep it was overturned and ruled out of bounds. Huge play in the 4th quarter and the commentary was good on it. Still surprised the review commentary by Collinsworth in Madden 10 is so wrong.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:35 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Took LSU into Georgia last night and won 21-17! Trindon Holliday returned a kick for a TD that was the winning score. I will admit that speed on returns makes them too easy. Stafford and Moreno actually had a pretty good day.

I challenged a 4th down conversion where Stafford went deep it was overturned and ruled out of bounds. Huge play in the 4th quarter and the commentary was good on it. Still surprised the review commentary by Collinsworth in Madden 10 is so wrong.
I loved ncaa 09 and i played over 200 games online but i dont think there is any contest. In 09 it was way too easy to pass... and i like how the DE's contain mobile Qb's better this year. Playing defense in 09 against good players was like impossible.

The only thing i like better in 09 that i hope they fix in 11 is running from the shotgun. Of course you shouldnt be able to run from the spread (4wrs) against a defense with 6 or more in the box... but this year you can't even run with 5 in the box or less consistantly. Especially with run commit. You cannot run a true spread offense in 10 like you could in 09 b/c you cant keep the defense honest with the run.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 11:54 AM   #16
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

^

I should say that I only play offline. I can't make any online comparisons and I know many were ticked at the lack of defense online in NCAA 09.

Woohoo! 10,000 posts!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »