Home

Why is the Big House half empty at the beginning of the game?

This is a discussion on Why is the Big House half empty at the beginning of the game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2009, 06:08 PM   #9
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Why is the Big House half empty at the beginning of the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
Right. Crowd size is determined by many factors. But I don't believe there is any logic in there to make exceptions for certain teams.
IMO, the dynamic attendance for NCAA 10 is the best I have seen on next gen.

Keeping that in mind, to make things better for 11, perhaps add a bit of logic such that the current formula should apply only for schools with prestige 4* or lower. 5-6* programs should be full at the start of the game.

Also, fans should leave a bit earlier in blow outs or even in close games where the offence has the ball and the defense has no time outs left.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:18 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Thompson_EA
Right. Crowd size is determined by many factors. But I don't believe there is any logic in there to make exceptions for certain teams.
Well considering it would be more realistic...I think there should....
Old 09-30-2009, 06:21 PM   #11
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjussawalla

Keeping that in mind, to make things better for 11, perhaps add a bit of logic such that the current formula should apply only for schools with prestige 4* or lower. 5-6* programs should be full at the start of the game.

Also, fans should leave a bit earlier in blow outs or even in close games where the offence has the ball and the defense has no time outs left.
Yeah, but what about the weather? That should figure in. And the team's record is probably a factor. I imagine that it also depends upon the opponent....it goes on and on. So, yeah, it would be cool if dymanic attendance worked perfectly, but how many development resources should be devoted towards it?? For me, the juice isn't worth the squeeze, and I think I would rather time be spent on other atmosphere aspects.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2009, 06:23 PM   #12
Rookie

andy4theherd's Arena

OVR: 5

before this patch I had attendance issues at Marshall. i started the season avg. 10k. IRL Marshall avg's well over 20k (and this coming off of 4 straight losing seasons). i figured it was no big deal and would resolve itself once i got the team turned around. well, i finished the season 11-3 winning the CUSA championship and the Liberty Bowl. i was ranked in the top 20 for about the last 4 or 5 games of the season. my final attendance avg for the year was 14k. the other issue was the fact that from the first game the stadium was completely packed for every game i played (holds 40k). so the attendance figures do not match up with the in-game attendance and vice versa.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:42 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 5

When it comes to managing the football programs NCAA has always taken somewhat of a pro-style approach. The ratings for most of the mid-majors are way too low, especially facilities and fan base.

The fan base for college football is “tribalistic” in nature, records and opponents have very little effect on attendance. In ’08, Duke averaged 28,727 per game. Washington, with its win-less season, averaged 63,640. The bottom dweller for ’08 was Kent State, they averaged 10,639. The average for all of D-1 (FBS) was 46,971, including bowl games.

In this game, if you’re a 1* program, you’ll be lucky to muster 6,000 – 7,000 per game. The development teams need to realize you cannot judge a college football program like you would a NFL Team, the same standards simply do not apply. And the highly prestigious programs, like Michigan and others as well, should always have a sold out crowd – regardless of record, opponent, etc.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:48 AM   #14
Banned

srudoff's Arena

OVR: 7

pretty sure the big house was half empty by the 4th quarter of most games last year - maybe they just got the quarter wrong
Old 10-01-2009, 12:38 PM   #15
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by srudoff
pretty sure the big house was half empty by the 4th quarter of most games last year - maybe they just got the quarter wrong

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2009, 04:03 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by srudoff
So I guess it's not just the College Football forum where you troll in any thread regarding Michigan. Thanks for contributing to the thread.

What is Michigan's record this year BTW?

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »