Home

The 20 Classic Games are... (football-related, for idiots who don't know)

This is a discussion on The 20 Classic Games are... (football-related, for idiots who don't know) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2003, 09:37 PM   #17
Rookie

wsh2293's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: The 20 Classic Games are...

Yeah man, those two losses really sucked. However, I don't think that any loss was worse than when FSU lost to those damn Gators in the '97 Sugar Bowl. There's nothing worse than getting blown out by your rival in the national championship game.
Old 06-07-2003, 09:53 PM   #18
Rookie

Anotherplan's Arena

Exactly right. That Sugar Bowl loss that FSU took was tough. However, I was there in the Swamp when I watched Jacques Green break our heart with "the catch". Still, I love the "Choke in Doak" 31-31 comeback tie. What a game.
Old 06-07-2003, 10:07 PM   #19
Rookie

bags03's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

Hmmm...I can see several games that don't belong....

How can they not include #1Iowa's win over #2 Michigan (12-10) in 1985?

Sounds like a boring game to me.

Great list though, not everyone can be happy anyway.

Anybody remember the Oregon vs. Washington game in '94 where Kenny Wheaton intercepted a Husky pass on the goaline and returned it 98 yards for a TD to save the game? It started Oregon's rose bowl run that year with the upset and probably is the reason Oregon made it as high as they have. That was a damn good game, it's not the "caliber" to make that list but just remonescing (<--spell check needed) on.

Old 06-07-2003, 10:10 PM   #20
Rookie

monsterhound's Arena

Quote:

As an FSU fan, all of those games sting quite a bit. Especially the 91 loss to the Canes. But the 97 loss to the Gates comes in at a close second. I still can see Tay Cody letting the receiver get behind him which is something you never do with your opponent needing a TD to win. Does it sound like I got over it?

That receiver was Quezzie Green on a pass from Doug Johnson the next play from scrimmage after Janikowski had to be an *** and mock Gator fans with the Gator chomp after kicking a field goal.

That's ok FSU, I consider that 31-31 tie the hardest loss ever for me to take. And Charlie Ward's final TD pass iin the fourth quarter of the Gator-Criminole game in 93 is still burned into my mind.

Yeah, I'm not sick or anything.
Old 06-07-2003, 10:22 PM   #21
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

Quote:

sounds like a great list, but they should have the game of the century in there i think. im not complaining though, the classic games feature is a great idea.

These games are the greatest games since 1980. But don't worry, there are still 60 other classic teams that aren't featured in the greatest games, and '71 Nebraska is definitely one of them.

They missed a great game from 1980 though. Georgia/Florida. There was a game with a miracle pass and national championship implications. I honestly don't remember some of those classic games (OSU/ASU in the Rose Bowl) If a game only happened 6 years ago and I can't immediately recall it, I gotta wonder. Sure, I bet the OSU fans know it, but what about the rest of us?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2003, 10:27 PM   #22
Rookie

nice to see Mizzou on there twice even know both in losing causes. But the Mizzou-Colorado 5th down game is also a classic...a classic and bull**** game
Old 06-07-2003, 10:32 PM   #23
Rookie

monsterhound's Arena

Quote:

These games are the greatest games since 1980. But don't They missed a great game from 1980 though. Georgia/Florida. There was a game with a miracle pass and national championship implications. I honestly don't remember some of those classic games (OSU/ASU in the Rose Bowl) If a game only happened 6 years ago and I can't immediately recall it, I gotta wonder. Sure, I bet the OSU fans know it, but what about the rest of us?

The OSU-ASU game had major national championship implications. If ASU had won that game, they would've at least had a share of the national championship. Their loss and Florida's win against FSU in the Sugar Bowl gave the Gators the national championship. The OSU-ASU game was won in the final minute on a touchdown pass from Joe Germaine, if I remember correctly.

As for 1980 Florida Georgia, I'd rather forget the "Run Lindsey Run" game, Seriously, I agree it would have been a great addition to the list. I'd love to have the opportunity to plant Lindsey Scott in the game.
Old 06-07-2003, 10:38 PM   #24
We are...

psufan's Arena

OVR: 12

The only thing i don't like about these types of games you might have to beat your favorite school I just can't play againist my Lions Anyone else like this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »