Home

run/pass commit

This is a discussion on run/pass commit within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2009, 04:31 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: run/pass commit

Its beyond cheese, its Velveeta, its the cheesiest.

The run commit should have been in Mario Football along with the Warp Whistle. You can run commit on pass plays and sack the opposing QB non stop. Its a cheesy gimmick. We don't need gimmicks we need solid football.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:24 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

You have got to be kidding me? So when someone run commits one way and you run the other for a big gain, do you call them cheesers? I like the idea of it, but I dont use it all the time. I think the run commit is a bit much cause the entire line will be in the backfield before the snap but pass commit is fine. I only use run commit when I know its a run play. If you cant beat it then that doesnt mean that its cheesing, it means you cant beat it. By your logic, in real life should the DLinemen stay back on their heels when they know its a run play? Im not saying run it everytime, but its definitely not cheesing.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:24 AM   #11
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaphant83
By your logic, in real life should the DLinemen stay back on their heels when they know its a run play? Im not saying run it everytime, but its definitely not cheesing.
In real life defensive lineman have their responsibilities laid out based on the play call. And just because I tell a DL to stop the run doesn't mean he can do it. It's still a battle between an OL and DL.

Run commit is completely unnecessary. If you want to key on the inside running game then you can pinch your DL or slant them inside. Want to stop the run to the right? Shift your LBs and/or DL out wider. Or call an outside blitz or safety blitz to help out. Use the Bear defense calls, bring up the secondary, etc. There are a ton of ways to help your defense out against the run or pass - you don't need a Tecmo style strategy to do it.

I do like the run and pass commit for kids just learning the game. It keeps the game simple for them but it should only be available on Varsity and not AA or Heisman imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2009, 09:59 AM   #12
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Run Commit is considered unbalanced at TF, most leagues have outright banned it. So i would stay away from it, or use it sparingly if you want to be considered a sim player.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 10-15-2009, 10:06 AM   #13
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaphant83
You have got to be kidding me? So when someone run commits one way and you run the other for a big gain, do you call them cheesers? I like the idea of it, but I dont use it all the time. I think the run commit is a bit much cause the entire line will be in the backfield before the snap but pass commit is fine. I only use run commit when I know its a run play. If you cant beat it then that doesnt mean that its cheesing, it means you cant beat it. By your logic, in real life should the DLinemen stay back on their heels when they know its a run play? Im not saying run it everytime, but its definitely not cheesing.
Too bad whenever someone ran it on me last night, I'd get killed instantly. Toss play, QB gets hit on Run Mid Commit. Toss to the right, the corner blasts me as soon as I catch it WITH RUN COMMIT LEFT. I'm sorry, but if I call a toss right, and the whole defense runs up the middle, I SHOULD GET YARDS, NOT GET SACKED EVERY TIME.

It's pure cheese. Plain and simple.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 10-15-2009, 10:23 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

They already have the line slane and line pinch and spread. These are realistic strategies.

The run commit is something straight out of Tecmo Bowl. And I'm not saying its cheese beceause I can't beat it. I'm saying its cheese because if you spread the line and call run commit, its instant sack. Its broken. Plain and simple your defense is most effective playing a dime defense with run coomit middle on. If they pass, its a sack, if they run, you stuff it.

I don't use it. I use the line shift/slant instead. Thats risk/reward. Thats actual strategy.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:31 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 8

Is run commit Cheese? No

Is run commit a crappy feature? YES

It is too easy to play Big Ten football without the use of run commit. Sorry, but it is true. You have to use it in situations. If you don't, you are stuck using the same blitzing defenses all game to stop the run which is just as unrealistic as the feature. If you don't use the commit feature anyone can run the ball all over the defense. If you don't believe me then play me. It is very VERY easy to run the ball from power sets when your opponent doesn't run commit.

This feature is great when used and not abused.

I agree that calling 326 or 3 deep defense and run committing is gay. It isn't football and forces the offense in to going to shotgun sets and passing every down. BTW... passing against this defense run commit defense is very very easy. However, situational use of this feature is needed.

With that said, the way this feature is implemented is ********. They should have never messed with it from last year. It should be done post snap. You should also get burned if you guess wrong.

To say something is cheese is being a whiner.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2009, 02:02 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 2

I had a guy run the same play on me out of the goal formation ALL GAME LONG, and i could not stop it with 4-2-5 bear or 4-4 or goal line formations so i started run commiting and he would get stuffed more often than not.

Call it cheese ir not, i'll still use it if its the only thing to counter somebody.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »