Home

Two Defensive Fixes along with others

This is a discussion on Two Defensive Fixes along with others within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2009, 08:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Two Defensive Fixes along with others

1. Dime Defense / 3 2 6 / Quarters Every play players has got to be addressed in this game.

Upon running this B U L L Sh1t scheme many things should happen.

A) 4 yds basically guaranteed from any running formation against these type of D's
B) There should be MINIMAL penetration by DB's into the backfield, unless they are that type of SS / FS. Other than that, NO DB is beating an OL in strength.
C) Run commit into zone coverage mean getting beat deep etc . . .

2. Fake FG's / Punts are ridiculous. Never seen them work the way they do in a real game.

3. When a player CHOOSES to sub their WR 1 to TE, the running game should suffer DRAMATICALLY. I mean, like there should be NO offensive push to that strong side. Impossible to have TJ Ford at TE and run sweeps to his side. IMPOSSIBLE.

4. Lastly, DB lock / Defensive player lock on certain Receiver / TE a la Madden (if it has that option). That will calm down the WR 1 lining up in the slot, which is practically non defensible running standard D formations.

You f4cking cheezers are killing me with these little corny a55 wrinkles you keep finding in the game because the devs don't really know about them.

I don't care if the outcomes are simply written into the code when people start doing these completely UNREALISTIC type of things.

This season HOW many teams have run 3-2-6 against POWER Run formations and stopped the run. Name me 1 GAME where this has EVER happened.

EVER!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2009, 10:56 PM   #2
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Two Defensive Fixes along with others

Agreed.

Except that TJ Ford is a basketball player.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 10-15-2009, 08:18 AM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I never play online because of that garbage. I've played probably 3 random online football games in my life and tried another one this past weekend to see how it was. Just made me realize I should stay in my offline cave for another few years. The guy never punted or even tried a field goal when in range. Just went for it on every 4th down, no matter the scenario. Even though the score was tied 14-14 in the 3rd quarter, he quit after he failed on a no huddle, 4th and 16 from his own half. I'm not a good offensive player but I think I can call a pretty decent defensive game and he was probably frustrated he couldn't just go up and down the field on me. http://www.osatwork.com/rudyjuly2/bl...h-that-cheese/
Old 10-15-2009, 04:57 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 8

There is one simple solution to everything you posted.

MAKE RATINGS MEAN SOMETHING.

Other than speed, do ratings really mean anything? If they did, the 326 and quarters D would get eaten up against a good O-Line in power sets like I twin tight ends. However, ratings mean nothing so you can go to this crap defense and are actually rewarded for no football knowledge or play calling ability.

Same thing goes for the WR at TE. If ratings meant something, then a LB would run right over his Tail.

Same thing goes for Press coverage and this erks me as much or more than the 326 defense BS. How can a 5'6" CB with a 56 press rating continually Bump and Hold a 6'3" 220 lb WR with an 89 press release rating. The simple answer is this. Ratings don't mean crap on this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »