Home

Some Suggestions For Having Fun With NCAA10

This is a discussion on Some Suggestions For Having Fun With NCAA10 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2009, 07:50 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Some Suggestions For Having Fun With NCAA10

For everyone, but especially for all who are frustrated with NCAA10, here are some suggestions for having fun with the game.

1. Remember that you are working with software, not with reality. Software, no matter how sophisticated, will always have limitations and unexpected quirks when certain combinations of events occur. Laugh and enjoy them when they happen - it's only a game.

2. Experiment with various combinations of slider and difficulty settings to find combinations which favorably relate to your gameplay style. I have created several Profiles -each one with fundamentally different slider settings in order to observe how the game performs with each setting group.

3. If you want to encounter lower-scoring, more defense-dominated games, try setting Offense sliders very low and Defense sliders to mid-range.

4. If you want close and exciting games, then adjust your play style to match what the CPU is doing in each game. If you are dominating, then play conservatively to allow the CPU to sieze the momentum.

5. You can radically and quickly alter the momentum effects during the course of a game by changing the Difficulty setting. This action has helped me on numerous occasions when the CPU has siezed momentum and nothing I do works. You can adjust the Difficulty setting at any time and you can alter it in either direction - you can help the CPU if you are dominating.

6. When playing Exhibition games, you can take your favorite team(s) to venues all around the country and have fun playing teams in every locale.

7. You can play any team against any other team on equal footing by using the "Equalize Teams" option as you set up a game in Exhibition mode (I don't know whether or not this option is available in Dynasty mode, but I suspect that it is not available).

I have used all of these capabilities and I have played a large number of games. Most of them have been very exciting and I win more than I lose. But, I have fun playing in almost every game. I don't get frustrated with events. I look at them as software limitations and I then try to make adjustments to compensate for them.

I hope these suggestions help at least some of you have as much fun as I am having with NCAA10.

Best to all,

Art
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »