Home

Anyone here have any offline franchise they play?

This is a discussion on Anyone here have any offline franchise they play? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2009, 02:16 PM   #41
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Anyone here have any offline franchise they play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoSparty
Hi, I'm a paragraph. Have we met?
One of the few times I literally laughed out loud at work.

I'm an offline only guy and haven't fired up a dynasty since I blew my third year with Miami a while back. After playing some MUA 2 and Uncharted 2, I might get back into it soon (but with NCAA 09). Need a break sometimes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2009, 10:06 AM   #42
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Anyone here have any offline franchise they play?

Georgia Tech get's their much anticipated re-match and capitalizes on Virginia Tech's miscues to pull off the upset!

Alright, this game was a barnburner...defensive stops after defensive stops after big hits after amazing pass breakups. Just an all around great game. I will start coverage from the 4th quarter.

Score is VT 20, GT 21. Georgia Tech had just scored to go up by a point and they kicked the ball off to the right. I had selected Josh Hosley, and apparently hit the joy stick while the ball was in the air, cause as the ball camedown, he was no where near it. I started pannicking, the ball hits the ground, but over comes Dyrell Roberts to scoop up the ball at the 5. As he does, his momentum takes him INTO the endzone, and after I did, the defenders are closing in, I hit the spin move, and two guys dive at the same time and completely miss. One of their linebackers is coming across from the side down the sideline full speed, and as I cut to the inside, one of my blockers comes across and completely wrecks the guy, blindside pancake that just obliterated him. As he goes to the ground, I highstep over him, and then I cut to the outside and I am gone down the sideline for a 95 yard touchdown, UNBELIEVABLE return! I then call an option and grab the 2 point conversion to go up 28-21 with about 2 minutes left. On the ensuing kick off, the wind catches the ball and sends it opposite of my blockers, and they field it around the 10, and he crosses the field and jets up the sideline for a touchdown in heartbraking fashion to tie it up 28 all.

So I get the ball with over a minute or so left, I run it a few times to bring the clock down before I drive down the field and try to kick a field goal or go for the game winning touchdown. the clock goes under a minute for my next play, and I call a slants play and their linebackers crashed the line to the right, so I scramble to the left with Logan Thomas, grab about 12 yards and then I am wrecked by their free safety, and I fumble the ball, the linebacker picks it up, runs over my running back Ryan Williams and heads down the sidelines for a 41 yard touchdown to go up 35-28 with around 49 seconds left. At this point I am so pissed, but I try to stay poised as I had all 3 time outs, and a touchdown ties it for OT. First play, I drop back from the 29 yard line, and I throw a wheel route out to Roberts down the sideline, but their cornerback cuts the route off and grabs the interception!! ****!!!!!! 39 seconds left 3 time outs, they get the interception at the 39 yard line. They run it on first, get tackled at 37, time out. 2nd down, same thing, tackled at 36, time out. Next play, same thing, tackled at 31, time out. 25ish seconds left, they line up for the field goal, it has the distance, but at the last second the wind catches it and it bounces off the upright, no good! Take a deep breath, there is 19 seconds left, no time outs and I have a good ways to go, 69 yards in 19 seconds with no time outs is a tough feat. First play, I drop back and I hit Danny Coale on a post route across the center of the field to grab a 10 yard gain and a first down, stops the clock with around 11 seconds. chains are set, I hurry to the line and I hot Route Danny again for another slant to try to slip infront of the safety's. I hike the ball with 9 seconds left, and I see they put on a DB blitz on the slot receiver, Boykin comes free and is waving for the ball, I throw it his way, but the ball is a little behind him, so he has to spin to catch it. He spins back around and I jet off towards the sideline to diminish the safety's pursuit. Boykin jets down the sideline 50 some yards with safety closing in from the right, I get to the 5 and he dives, hits me in the back, I carry him around 3-4 yards, and at the last second he wraps up my ankles and I fall with my knee around the 1 yardline and the ball falls a centimeter short of the goaline, and the clock is expired, game over! Oh my god, talking about heart breaking!!! Going 68 yards and falling an inch short from grabbing a touchdown to tie it up, and actually I had planned to run an option for a 2 point conversion to try to win the game, but I never got the chance. Georgia Tech got their retribution, and sent me down in the polls to #11. This is going to be one crazy year, as this was one crazy game. I loved the finish, eventhough I lost, it was great.

Next up: ECU at home, should allow us to rebound at home in Blacksburg, and rack up some momentum and confidence on a much weaker squad. But as the saying goes, You Can Never Take Anyone Lightly in Football!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »