Home

WTH Bowl Selection

This is a discussion on WTH Bowl Selection within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2009, 11:55 AM   #1
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19
WTH Bowl Selection

I'm playing as Rutgers, finish the year 10-2, with only 1 loss in conference, that to Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh also goes 6-1, in conference so they hold the tie breaker over RU. No issue there, they get the BE BCS Bowl, so what bowl does RU go to?

The Armed Forces Bowl?

2nd place in the BE gets me a bowl that naturally has NO BIG EAST TIES?

Notre Dame at 8-4 steals the Gator Bowl from the BE, which seems realistic, since they would take a 6-6 ND over a 10-2 anybody.

Cincy at 10-2 (5-2) #23 overall ends up in the Texas Bowl.

Rutgers 10-2 (6-1) #13 overall we end up in the Armed Forces Bowl.

WVU 7-5 (3-4) goes to the New Mexico Bowl.

Here is the biggest shocker, a 7-5 TEMPLE gets the Meineke Car Care Bowl over Cincy and Rutgers? WTH

The BE only had 4 bowl eligible teams, but out of all the BE Bowl Tie-Ins only 1 was used. No one went to the International Bowl, St. Petersburg Bowl, PapaJohns.com Bowl, Meineke Car Care Bowl, nor the Sun Bowl which gets swapped each year for the Gator Bowl I believe.

So what the hell happened exactly to the conference bowl tie ins?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2009, 02:10 PM   #2
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: WTH Bowl Selection

Here's one for you. At the finish of the regular season, me UGA, had a record of 10-2 and was ranked #2. I was not playing for the SEC so I knew I would get a BCS Bowl but no shot at a title unless Florida gets beat by Ole Miss. The Sooners lost the last game of the regular season to Ok. St. and was 11-1. They were dropped to #7 behind Ok. St. & Texas. So I sim the conference title games and Florida wins and so did Ok. St. over Missouri. So I knew I would not get a title shot and I didn't deserve to be there. I only beat 1 ranked team and that was Ok. St. So to my surprise I get the title bid to face Florida again. Ok. St. and Texas get BCS bids and the Sooners are left out in the cold. They had a better record then me and Texas. Not sure how this happened but it is messed up.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:39 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

EA obviously has not figured in the bowl tie-ins to the selections. Past versions have not been as bad as this one. Once again they tweeked something and it didn't quite pan out.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:52 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Tovarich's Arena

OVR: 26

The Gator Bowl is messed up for sure. I had Mississippi State in the Gator Bowl in a dynasty. Also had a Big East team in the Armed Forces Bowl like you, then Notre Dame was in there once too. First season the game did sort of get it right. They had the Big 12 in the Gator and a Big East team in the Sun, but then it went haywire. Season 2...they had freaking Temple in the Sun Bowl haha. The Meineke Bowl seems messed up too. It's been ACC vs. Sun Belt both seasons for me so far. St. Petersburg has always been CUSA vs. MAC too. Maybe it's just the Big East that's all messed up. It's never been done all that well though. There have been years where 3-9 teams go to bowls over 6-6 teams and junk like that. The BCS logic isn't great. I've had 2 non-BCS teams in there before, like the Orange Bowl takes Boise State over a top 10 SEC team or something, it's never been spectacularly done, but the Big East is really messed up for sure. At least they got your conference schedules right though unlike some of our conferences...
Old 10-29-2009, 10:13 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 37

BCS logic should be screwed up... afterall, the game is trying to be a sim of real college football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2009, 11:27 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

there bowl logic is a bit off and they rank some bowls in different position. they will have it like #3 is all other bowls, #2 will be janurary bowl game ex. fiesta bowl and stuff, then #1 BCS championship.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:55 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by football5680
there bowl logic is a bit off and they rank some bowls in different position. they will have it like #3 is all other bowls, #2 will be janurary bowl game ex. fiesta bowl and stuff, then #1 BCS championship.
The bowls aren't perfect BUT I think they are vastly improved over 09 and last gen. I still remember with last gen when I ASU played USC in the Nat'l Championship... don't woory that we were in the same conference and have played each other a few weeks before

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »