Home

Downside of NCAA 09?

This is a discussion on Downside of NCAA 09? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2009, 09:06 PM   #9
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Downside of NCAA 09?

I honestly dont see how any of you guys can co-sign '09. The CPU never even threw the ball deep on you. What part of the game is that?

Every pass was a dink-n-dunk, and if a TE got in the open, he was gone.

Like I said, I think alot of people just overlooked stuff, that in my opinion, we should never have to overlook
Old 11-08-2009, 11:16 PM   #10
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

NCAA Football 09 was one of the worst football games of all-time, IMO.

Unfortunately, I still play it to this day because I have no motivaion to buy NCAA 10 because it's basically a heavily patched NCAA 09.

So I would say either wait until the price of NCAA 10 comes down or stomach NCAA 09.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 11-09-2009, 12:42 AM   #11
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoncold32
I honestly dont see how any of you guys can co-sign '09. The CPU never even threw the ball deep on you. What part of the game is that?

Every pass was a dink-n-dunk, and if a TE got in the open, he was gone.

Like I said, I think alot of people just overlooked stuff, that in my opinion, we should never have to overlook
I have had the CPU throw deep on me. No 60-yard bombs but I see a good-number of 30-40 yard pass attempts to make me happy.

Rocky, I agree with you on NCAA 10; it's why I haven't bought it yet. Maybe when it reaches $20 I'll snag a copy but for now, I'll stick with 09.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2009, 08:24 AM   #12
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I'll agree with Stoncold on the cpu not going deep. That was extremely rare in NCAA 09. We shouldn't have to accept that but it is what it is.

There have been quite a few threads asking about 09. It is flawed and most people prefer NCAA 10 to NCAA 09 although there are quite a few of us that like 09 better. Of course there are people that hate both lol.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 11-09-2009 at 08:32 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:22 PM   #13
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
NCAA 10 is better than 09, by a lot, IMO. '09 was way too offensive and the speed curve and bad pursuit angles were unbearable. plus dynasty mode was basically "broken" as you could get. CPU could not recruit good at all, CPU could not manage their roster worth anything, and most teams would regress so bad that after 2-3 years every team sucked except for USC who seemed to always stay good.

'09 would be good if you enjoy scoring easily on offense and not playing defense.
Is dynasty mode fixed in NCAA 10?
Old 11-09-2009, 11:54 PM   #14
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky3D
To me it saw no change. It has been the same since 08 on next gen. That was the first year I got the ps3 version. I made the switch last year to the 360 version since it seemed that EA liked the 360 better. If you want a game that looks better then 09 and a toned down "robo qb" then 10 is the way to go. You have bands on the field that spell out cool things like "EA Sports" and "NCAA 10" just like if you were at a game on Saturday's. Should have just played 09 and saved $60.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:27 AM   #15
MVP

eyeamg0dly's Arena

OVR: 15

10 was the worst of the next gen games imo. 09 was pretty bad too but like most have said with heavy tweaks and actually knowing what you are doing on defense, it is alot more enjoyable then 10. i play online primarily as a pure sim player. i refuse to cheese.

with the fixes they did in 10, they completed crapped over every single improvement by overdoing run commits, player stats ( awareness specifically ), overdone momentum and gameplans. 10 was bad because one of two things became very obvious, 1) it didnt get playtested properly and 2) the design team knows jack **** about football. maybe both are true.

regardless though, this year put a very very foul taste in my mouth and i refused to play madden this year and i seriously doubt i ever play another ea sports title, instead ill just play mlb the show year round, since they actually can put out a good sports product.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2009, 12:02 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
NCAA 10 is better than 09, by a lot, IMO. '09 was way too offensive and the speed curve and bad pursuit angles were unbearable. plus dynasty mode was basically "broken" as you could get. CPU could not recruit good at all, CPU could not manage their roster worth anything, and most teams would regress so bad that after 2-3 years every team sucked except for USC who seemed to always stay good.

'09 would be good if you enjoy scoring easily on offense and not playing defense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky3D
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
To me it saw no change. It has been the same since 08 on next gen. That was the first year I got the ps3 version. I made the switch last year to the 360 version since it seemed that EA liked the 360 better. If you want a game that looks better then 09 and a toned down "robo qb" then 10 is the way to go. You have bands on the field that spell out cool things like "EA Sports" and "NCAA 10" just like if you were at a game on Saturday's. Should have just played 09 and saved $60.
His question was regarding the really bad CPU recruiting in 09 that made every team very bad after a few years. This is indeed fixed in NCAA 10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »