Home

Five Essential Fixes for NCAA Football 11

This is a discussion on Five Essential Fixes for NCAA Football 11 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-11-2009, 06:27 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 16
NCAA just feels like it is years behind Madden. It needs to catch up fast in order to keep people buying. I also would like to see a new Franchise mode
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2009, 06:29 PM   #26
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44
Where can I download that OS uniform? It's hot.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:45 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3
Agree with variable game speeds idea (I think the game plays too slow) and the COLLEGE presentation thing (cut down versions of visiting schools' bands MUST be added to the customizable sound options) but #1 HAS TO BE (as some previous comments above above have already stated):
1) REWRITE THE BLOCKING in order to FIX THE OPTION.
a) Better yet make a PLAY DESIGNER that goes beyond mere formation alterations but includes:
1. COMPLETELY CUSTOMIZABLE blocking schemes (and within that different types of blocking--cut blocking versus regular deliver different pros and cons) AND on the otherside customizable defensive front 7s (in order to silence those who think it allows cheese play) with various moves, stunts that can be written by coaches.
2. make a player's innate intelligence come into play as is does in reality. academic schools' players are able to grasp plays at a quicker pace and greater depth (smarter players, by necessity or drive, grasp more of the game and are more easily disciplined for what is expected of them...while others, no matter how much game film is watched don't improve much but get by on athletic ability alone...the greatest players combine both)
Also, TEAMBUILDER should be refined greatly: increase the number of uniform customizable spots and variations text sizes (LARGER SCHOOL NAMES ON THE CHEST, SPOTS ON THE HELMETS WHERE DESIGNS CAN BE PLACED) and field surface types (smaller schools often have dirt/mud patches or still use old school, lime-green astro turf)

But, most of all: FIX THE BLOCKING/option!
Old 11-11-2009, 07:01 PM   #28
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
More options like Camera angles! I don't like the slower speeds on Madden myself but options are good for everyone.

I'd like to see coaching carousels, discipline and formation subs as well.

More sliders for fumbles, injuries and fatigue as well as pass speed would be great. The pass speeds were too fast in NCAA 10 imo.

They also need to remove the menu lag and drastically improve the crowd noise.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:07 PM   #29
Rookie

HiTEqMETHOD's Arena

OVR: 13
I didn't buy NCAA Football last year for the first time in almost ten years. The game feels so boring and outdated. Which I find strange seeing as it was so great on the PS2 and Xbox. I have no clue as to why EA still hasn't implemented the presentation aspects that were in games like College Hoops 2k8 or NFL 2k5. Maybe they just don't have a team that can handle putting that together. You'd think their games would be better with the exception of FIFA, NHL, and most recently Live.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:08 PM   #30
Rookie

knighthawksfan's Arena

OVR: 24
I agree with all these fixes
Old 11-11-2009, 07:43 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I agree with you on the recruiting, that is why they do need to have a a few recruiting levels, easy, normal, and advanced. I think it should be much harder to get top recruits to schools that are not perennially in the top 10-15, and you should have to put in "work" to do so.

The last 3 years there have been 18, 23, and 23 coaches changes in college football. That, to me, is more than enough to warrant a Coaching Carousel.

For me, the things you listed are all much more important then presentation. I know guys here are really big on presentation, but I will play a game with solid gameplay and Dynasty mode for months and months even with poor presentation, but a game with great presentation and poor gameplay and Dynasty will not hold my attention for even two weeks.
Well said. I'm with you on presentation being down on my list of priorities.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2009, 07:48 PM   #32
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32
Very good points. NCAA has been pretty bad overall on current gen. It's pretty sad when you go back to 2004 to find a better game when you take out graphics.

Very good list but the sad thing is I am not holding my breath on these things being put into NCAA 2011. A new developmental team is needed from top to bottom. This one doesn't get it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »