Home

EA PLEASE USE ESPN LICENSE!!

This is a discussion on EA PLEASE USE ESPN LICENSE!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2009, 12:42 AM   #1
Rookie

kjhen's Arena

OVR: 2
EA PLEASE USE ESPN LICENSE!!

this is a big request that millions of people are waiting for EA to do. EA r u guys finally going to use the ESPN license for next year's game!!! we all saw what NCAA basketball 10 was capable of doing with the Espn and CBS integration. I don't understand why this wasn't a priority for u guys in the past, but maybe it was to high of a budjet to implement or not enough disk space like u guys always say!! But now there's a new fresh game for next year and this should be priority # 1 for NCAA 11. presentation in NCAA 10 WAS HORRIBLE! i mean i know u guys play ncaa 10 once in a while, and see what the presentation is lacking. Just look at what NCAA basketball 10 did. they were able to get CBS, and put it in the game exactly as u see it on Tv. and ESPN also. they even used 2 different commentators for the two networks. i'm not going to go into detail of how it should be, becase it's pretty obvious what has to be done. EA i hope u guys finally put this into action and consider this for next year, and hopefully we won't have another upset and have to wait for NCAA football 12
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2009, 01:52 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: EA PLEASE USE ESPN LICENSE!!

It would be great if they used ESPN, CBS has great presentation too if they could use that like they do in the basketball game (besides the God-awful commentating team on CBS).
Old 11-23-2009, 06:26 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

Why pay all that money for license and not use the brand? This has never made any since to me.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:32 PM   #4
Redskins big 3

Vechi8's Arena

OVR: 17

I would also love to hear Todd B. and Verne L on CBS with the espn crew. Gotta think its around the corner
Old 11-23-2009, 06:33 PM   #5
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftball11
Why pay all that money for license and not use the brand? This has never made any since to me.
technically they have, just not the way we would want them to.

they have the ESPN on demand thing and the ESPN radio thing. obviously we would want it to be used in presentation, but we don't know the terms of the contract and what they can or can not do with the license.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2009, 06:48 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
technically they have, just not the way we would want them to.

they have the ESPN on demand thing and the ESPN radio thing. obviously we would want it to be used in presentation, but we don't know the terms of the contract and what they can or can not do with the license.
I hear what your saying. But yes, when something says "Powered by ESPN" or whatever EA advertise, we do expect more than a strategically placed logo.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:04 PM   #7
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

If it is going to require 60% of the development time, like it did with NCAA Basketball 10, then I would say, "Please DON'T use the ESPN license." To me, there are so many much more important gameplay, A.I., and Dynasty issues to deal with first.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:09 PM   #8
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
If it is going to require 60% of the development time, like it did with NCAA Basketball 10, then I would say, "Please DON'T use the ESPN license." To me, there are so many much more important gameplay, A.I., and Dynasty issues to deal with first.
well, the BBall game has 2 different crews(ESPN and CBS). that is the reason it took so much of their time. if the FBall devs just incorporate ESPN with the crew they currently have, I don't see it taking that much of the time(compared to the BBall game).

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »