Home

have you tried playing 3 min qtrs?

This is a discussion on have you tried playing 3 min qtrs? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2009, 03:46 PM   #1
Pro

pw_1016's Arena

OVR: 7
Thumbs down have you tried playing 3 min qtrs?

I used to try to play 3 min qtrs to get through my dynasties real quick and play more than one game a day, but you can only rush for about 30 yrds and pass for maybe 100 LOL. Plus you can only score two times, it seems like,so the games seem less fun. A friend of mine said he used to rush for over a 100 and pass for over 200 yrds and get realistic stats on 3 min qtr length...NO WAY, i told him!!! Plus if you get behind in a game where you play three min qtrs it seems like you stand no chance of coming back. Also, it seems like the computer cheats more too, lol. I would manage keep the score 0-0 until the last minute of the game and the computer would always throw a deep pass where my db would be right on top of the ball and they would catch it and score and thats the game. I tried playing 7 min, like most people on here, but it seems like one game takes forever and i get bored about halfway through but it makes for a much closer game.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2009, 04:07 PM   #2
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: have you tried playing 3 min qtrs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw_1016
I used to try to play 3 min qtrs to get through my dynasties real quick and play more than one game a day, but you can only rush for about 30 yrds and pass for maybe 100 LOL. Plus you can only score two times, it seems like,so the games seem less fun. A friend of mine said he used to rush for over a 100 and pass for over 200 yrds and get realistic stats on 3 min qtr length...NO WAY, i told him!!! Plus if you get behind in a game where you play three min qtrs it seems like you stand no chance of coming back. Also, it seems like the computer cheats more too, lol. I would manage keep the score 0-0 until the last minute of the game and the computer would always throw a deep pass where my db would be right on top of the ball and they would catch it and score and thats the game. I tried playing 7 min, like most people on here, but it seems like one game takes forever and i get bored about halfway through but it makes for a much closer game.
LOL if you play 3 min quarters it is impossible to get realistic stats, 3 minutes is ridiculous.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:27 PM   #3
Pro

pw_1016's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbently
LOL if you play 3 min quarters it is impossible to get realistic stats, 3 minutes is ridiculous.

Yeah, I know...my friend was F.O.S.!!! Its kinda hard on 5 min too but its possible.

Old 11-29-2009, 03:38 AM   #4
MVP

Joshua1207's Arena

OVR: 12

When I first started on Heisman I did a year one 3 minute quarters so I could get somewhat good, but usually I play on 5/6 minute quarters. Anything shorter is too short and anything longer is too long.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:42 AM   #5
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

yeah 5min is what i use and i get pretty good stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua1207
When I first started on Heisman I did a year one 3 minute quarters so I could get somewhat good, but usually I play on 5/6 minute quarters. Anything shorter is too short and anything longer is too long.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2009, 01:36 PM   #6
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

with 3 minute quarters, I could have the ball for the entire half.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 11-30-2009, 12:55 PM   #7
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
with 3 minute quarters, I could have the ball for the entire half.
Then onside kick in the second half and they never get the ball!
Old 11-30-2009, 01:20 PM   #8
Rookie

hawkeye2188's Arena

OVR: 21

I usually play on 5min quarters but when i was doing the bowl game achievment i did 2 min quarters and let the cpu receive the ball first then id turn on chew clock and id have it the rest of the game, i averaged 100-150 yds rushing with about 30yds of passing. Definitly not realistic stats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »