Home

Computer players ruin NCAA football

This is a discussion on Computer players ruin NCAA football within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2009, 07:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Computer players ruin NCAA football

It's been about a month since I played the game because of how stupid it has become online with the cheeeeesiest feature ever of pre-play run commit. I thought maybe a little bit of a break would make it fun again but nope the game is just too flawed to enjoy. People are so excited because of some improved defense but it's just gone beyond realistic.

- Stuffing run out of quarters and dime

- QB's fumbling it while the offensive lineman scoop it up...I guess in the game they don't have padded gloves, bruised/broken fingers...heck i had an OT scoop one up and run for 8 yards on me without even pausing.

- QB's pitching the ball to a running back 10 yards away on an option while being wrapped up

- Gameplanning "play pitch man" and watch your defenders turn towards the QB even AFTER the pitch

- DB's bumping WR's 10 yards downfield making the QB underthrow the ball for some strange reason

- Slant routes being ran to the opposite sideline with the DB's unable to cover

- 1-5-5 Defense blitz glitch

- Unable to play realistically with an effective power running game. For example, real life teams like Alabama, GT, Florida etc could never run the ball down anyone's throat because run commit turns defenders into super men.

- DB's somehow charging in on run commit but able to turn around and run stride for stride with a WR

- Defenders ignoring the RB while on run commit and going straight for the QB on play action passes.

Anyway, I could go on and on with the flaws they are well documented. However, the point of this thread is to put the blame for this on the computer players. You guys that are worried about sliders and settings the cpu play calling take up so much of EA's focus that they cannot even make a default setting where the gameplay can be enjoyed by two users battling it out.

Yes you computer guys...it's your fault. You're so worried about how your stupid shoes look on the field and if you can get Nike gloves on your players that you've lost sight of what any football fan wants, and that is strategy. When a zone loses it's effectiveness because a player doesn't guard the sideline that's a real problem.

So thanks guys! Keep up the good work on your sliders and heisman/AA/varsity settings. I hope you get the game tweaked just right so you can get exactly 25 pass attempts each game with a 62% completion percentage because anything else is "unrealistic"

I hope that your season stats come out to be no more than 2000 yards rushing a season by an individual because anything more than that is "unrealistic".

I hope that you get your wind socks and the players patting each other on the butt before the game to add to the realistic atmosphere.

All I hope for next year is a game without 3 patches that provides some realism where the online game isn't ruined and boring after just two months of play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2009, 08:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Computer players ruin NCAA football

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteFury
It's been about a month since I played the game because of how stupid it has become online with the cheeeeesiest feature ever of pre-play run commit. I thought maybe a little bit of a break would make it fun again but nope the game is just too flawed to enjoy. People are so excited because of some improved defense but it's just gone beyond realistic.

- Stuffing run out of quarters and dime

- QB's fumbling it while the offensive lineman scoop it up...I guess in the game they don't have padded gloves, bruised/broken fingers...heck i had an OT scoop one up and run for 8 yards on me without even pausing.

- QB's pitching the ball to a running back 10 yards away on an option while being wrapped up

- Gameplanning "play pitch man" and watch your defenders turn towards the QB even AFTER the pitch

- DB's bumping WR's 10 yards downfield making the QB underthrow the ball for some strange reason

- Slant routes being ran to the opposite sideline with the DB's unable to cover

- 1-5-5 Defense blitz glitch

- Unable to play realistically with an effective power running game. For example, real life teams like Alabama, GT, Florida etc could never run the ball down anyone's throat because run commit turns defenders into super men.

- DB's somehow charging in on run commit but able to turn around and run stride for stride with a WR

- Defenders ignoring the RB while on run commit and going straight for the QB on play action passes.

Anyway, I could go on and on with the flaws they are well documented. However, the point of this thread is to put the blame for this on the computer players. You guys that are worried about sliders and settings the cpu play calling take up so much of EA's focus that they cannot even make a default setting where the gameplay can be enjoyed by two users battling it out.

Yes you computer guys...it's your fault. You're so worried about how your stupid shoes look on the field and if you can get Nike gloves on your players that you've lost sight of what any football fan wants, and that is strategy. When a zone loses it's effectiveness because a player doesn't guard the sideline that's a real problem.

So thanks guys! Keep up the good work on your sliders and heisman/AA/varsity settings. I hope you get the game tweaked just right so you can get exactly 25 pass attempts each game with a 62% completion percentage because anything else is "unrealistic"

I hope that your season stats come out to be no more than 2000 yards rushing a season by an individual because anything more than that is "unrealistic".

I hope that you get your wind socks and the players patting each other on the butt before the game to add to the realistic atmosphere.

All I hope for next year is a game without 3 patches that provides some realism where the online game isn't ruined and boring after just two months of play.

Ummm, you're welcome?
Old 12-08-2009, 08:08 PM   #3
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

whats the difference between players using glitches/exploits in NCAA than any other game? people will always find ways to cheat/glitch/exploit games online and that will never change.

so I could say, you online guys ruin NCAA Football for coming up with these cheats/glitches/exploits!

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 12-08-2009, 08:14 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
whats the difference between players using glitches/exploits in NCAA than any other game? people will always find ways to cheat/glitch/exploit games online and that will never change.

so I could say, you online guys ruin NCAA Football for coming up with these cheats/glitches/exploits!
You guys will never learn.

It CAN change once EA puts it as a priority and actually plays the game more two series before they release it...but it is unlikely because right now they are probably working on their helmet designs rather than smarter offensive line blocking techniques.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:18 PM   #5
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19

What? The NCAA Football series isnt perfect? I could have sworn no one had any issues with this game since it came out all those years ago!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2009, 08:33 PM   #6
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteFury
You guys will never learn.

It CAN change once EA puts it as a priority and actually plays the game more two series before they release it...but it is unlikely because right now they are probably working on their helmet designs rather than smarter offensive line blocking techniques.
name one modern video game that has zero cheating/glitching/exploiting.

thats right there is not one.... I've played many, many videos games in my life. I have yet to play a perfectly made game.

and like I said, people will always find a way to cheat. that will never change. if you think otherwise, you don't really know the will of some online gamers.

BTW, I am not saying NCAA is perfect or fine with all the problems. I wish all those problem you listed were fixed. I'm just saying the online experience really wont improve that much as people will always will find a way to cheat. it's been that way in every game I've ever played online.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

Last edited by Solidice; 12-08-2009 at 08:36 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:10 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice

The difference is most other games have exploits that don't really ruin the game. It isn't faulty or bad programming. They are just exploits that the programmers miss and usually patch.

EA it has everything to do with just bad programming, logic, and AI.

Example... Javelin Glitch on MW2 isn't a game breaker. Where as the commit feature is a game breaker.

If EA actually made a game with good logic and programming no one would ever play offline again. Offline is as boring as it gets.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:44 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 14

I can tolerate most of the problems but the run commit, especially to left or right is the stupidest thing I have ever seen.

Especially when some dumb kid directs line to move left and run commits to the right etc. players just hydroplaning back and forth like Silver Surfer.

but I still like the game and creating uniforms is a drug for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »