Home

This is for all EA

This is a discussion on This is for all EA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #1
Rookie

wenning22's Arena

OVR: 6
This is for all EA

Please unlock the files for 2011. I bought this game for one reason. Me and a buddy always start a dynasty and get together to play. We are eight years in and my playstation 3 yellow lighted. Even though I got it fixed for a bit of time, I cannot pull that file off and play it on my new ps3. So I ask please allow us to copy our files so we could play them elsewhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2009, 12:36 PM   #2
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

Re: This is for all EA

The new PS3 update that came out today is specifically for transferring saves between different PS3s. So you may have lucked out!
Old 12-10-2009, 12:42 PM   #3
Rookie

wenning22's Arena

If thats true then that is awesome.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:34 PM   #4
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

This functionality isn't up to EA. We do what Sony tells us for things like this.
Old 12-11-2009, 12:41 PM   #5
Rookie

wenning22's Arena

You know Adam I find that hilarious because when I asked Sony about a solution to getting my file that I own off my playstation they told me there was absolutly no way of doing that and EA is responsible for locking the files that Sony did not tell them they needed to lock those files. So either EA and Sony should get on the same page or allow people to access their own files. Last time I checked I paid $60 for the game and honestly I believe that file should be allowed to play on any playstation I own. What is next? You must buy a seperate copy of the game for each Playstation you play on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2009, 01:32 PM   #6
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Wenning, Sony has recently started locking out files due to trophy scamming. I personally think it's ridiculous that MS, Sony and their consumers care so much about trophies/achievements that they would cheat to raise their trophy levels but I guess it's a big deal.

If you call a Sony help desk, do you really think it's someone that is an expert in this stuff? I've got a computer help desk center below me that services a lot of companies and these people are paid next to nothing. They drag them off the street, give them a couple days training and then they are "experts". I'd trust Adam's word far more than some lowly paid Sony support staffer.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:35 PM   #7
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by wenning22
You know Adam I find that hilarious because when I asked Sony about a solution to getting my file that I own off my playstation they told me there was absolutly no way of doing that and EA is responsible for locking the files that Sony did not tell them they needed to lock those files. So either EA and Sony should get on the same page or allow people to access their own files. Last time I checked I paid $60 for the game and honestly I believe that file should be allowed to play on any playstation I own. What is next? You must buy a seperate copy of the game for each Playstation you play on?
Sony does it to stop trophy scamming. I mean, think about it, what does EA gain by not allowing you to copy save files from one PS3 to the other?

Also, Sony has released a firmware update that allows you to copy all files from one PS3 to the other, so this should now be a moot point.

EDIT: Here is a list of games that are copy protected...

Bomberman Ultra
Brain Challenge
Crash Commando
Dark Mist
The Eye Of Judgment
Fat Princess
Killzone 2
LocoRoco Cocoreccho!
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition
Mega Man 9
Mercenaries 2: World In Flames
Need For Speed: Carbon
Rock Band
Rock Band 2
Singstar
Skate 2
Street Fighter IV
Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Online
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2
UFC: Undisputed
Wolfenstein

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 12-11-2009 at 01:40 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:08 PM   #8
Rookie

wenning22's Arena

What do trophies honestly mean to the game. I dont buy the games for trophies. What does Sony gain by not letting me copy the file? Nothing....

No I am not saying I think Adam is lying and yes I know they dont get paid anything but now you have a coompany blame EA for this change.

Yes I know they recently came out that change but its a pain in the rear and I had to format one drive that I had a new dynasty on. It would have been a lot easier to keep the old copying system.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »