Home

Best recruit you've ever signed?

This is a discussion on Best recruit you've ever signed? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-31-2009, 11:30 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Best recruit you've ever signed?

5 star RB(was #3 RB) named Walter Payton, no joke.

Came in with 92 Speed 90 Agility 95 Acceleration; 85 Overall

Slapped 34 on him. Due to injuries to my Senior RB(Bryce Brown) he got thrown into the fire week three versus Florida who was #1 I was #5(Tennessee). Torched em for 176 yards and 2 TDs on 22 carries in a 42-3 rout he also had 102 rec yards 2 TDs on 5 catches.(I play on difficult sliders to me at least me have yet to win a Natl Title at Tenn 3 SEC championships though) The rout on Florida was very suprising. I expected my defense to play well, but new QB and RB didn't expect to move the ball.

It has been gravy ever since. The kid is a beast his freshman year in only playing in 11 games racked up 1800 yards 15 TDs also caught 37 passes for 460 yards and 7 TDs. Got third in the Heisman. The team finished 13-1 losing to Alabama in the regular season, but winning the rematch in the SEC championship. Didn't get a shot at the title Miami and Michigan ran the table(Mich won). Dominated Boise in the Sugar bowl though.

Sophomore year ran for 2200 yards 27 TDs caught 49 passes for 700 yards and 11 TDs this kid is my offense lol(2nd place in Heisman). Had a rebuilding year my defense was atrocious and my QB had a terrible year injuries/interceptions. He dominated Florida again 28-27 he scored all 4 TDs 3 in the second half to cap a rally from 24-7 deficit at half. Finished 11-3 Sugar Bowl Champs again. Florida played Miami in title game and won.

Junior Year 2500 rushing 1000 rec, 26 rushing tds, 14 rec tds. Heisman Winner. Finished 14-0 and blasted Florida 35-7, and defeated Miami 42-14 in Natl Champ game(Yeah they are the new Oklahoma I guess IDK lol!)

He left after that year, but owns all the school records and quiet a few NCAA records.

Best damn recruit I have had in any dynasty.
MLB: Houston Astros

Last edited by Thaen; 12-31-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2009, 09:55 PM   #26
Rookie

cloudedskate's Arena

OVR: 11

mmorg I had a QB just like yours. He came in as an 87. When he left he was a 99. He won the Heisman his junior year. He also set the record for most passing yards in a career and finished with somewhere around 150 passing TDs and 50 rushing TDs. He was my offense for the 4 years he carried my football team with his godly abilities.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:56 AM   #27
Pro

moblipeg's Arena

OVR: 6

#1 HB recruit in the nation 5 star Dave Baker was my stud. He was a JUCO that came in at 89 overall. Had him for literally one year. He had 97 speed overall and surprisingly 75 catch ability. I run a pro style offense, so I motioned him everywhere. His only year I had him he won the Heisman. Had 17 TD rec. and 15 rushing TDs. Over 1100 yds on the ground and 900 yds receiving. He left for the draft and the very next year my teambuilder team got invited to the Pac10. He is literally the only reason we made it.

Current struggle is that I recruited a 4 star QB freshman thats 78 overall. He's only one point overall less than my backup and he's got better wheels so I rolled him out there as my starter. However, after initial struggles and a bad loss to Arizona 42-17 I thought about just taking my lumps this year with him and wait for him to come back better since my team isn't very good. Next game against Ore St he was having a career day in the air and on the ground but then he got hurt for 8 weeks and the Junior backup came in and is lighting up the Pac 10. I am now 9-1 and 3rd in the nation behind Texas and Rutgers respectively w/ the FR ready to come back. I feel like I have more big play chances with the FR but I don't want to ruin the flow I have with my backup.

Happy New Year everyone. Enjoy the bowl games.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:27 AM   #28
Rookie

skeezapleez's Arena

OVR: 2

I've got a running back Wali Marshall who is a 96 OVR with 99 SPD 99 ACC. He's 6'1" 225. He's a house. Won the Heisman this year in my 3 player online dynasty.

And my other beast is WR Tyler Holiday(a white dude, I know, it's crazy). He's 6'4" 240 with 97 SPD 99 ACC and 99 JMP. He's huge. It's like having a TE for a WR except he's faster than most CB's and WR's.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:44 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 14

I picked up this 3 star HB, Brendon James, who was like 10th or so in my list of HB's that I wasn't able to recruit. I red shirted him, as he was 4th overall on my HB depth chart. His speed was a 97 though, and in his freshman year I decided to slip him in on a few outside runs do rest my starting senior back. The dude took his first pitch to the house for 70+ yards. Needless to say, he got the starting job and ended up with 1200+ yards. Sophomore year he broke the school, yards and TD rushing records with over 2200 yards, got the Walker award and 5th in Heisman. Talked him out of the draft and this season he was rated 2nd for the Heisman to start the season. Teams must have learned to shut down the outside runs, because he is not having as good of a year. Still managed to get 1200+ yards up the middle, but the outside runs seem off limits and his total yards and TDs have fallen. He still holds the all time record in both though. Not even listed for the Heisman and 10th I think for the Walker. Playing with Iowa State
Old 01-11-2010, 08:47 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 20

The best I have signed in NCAA 2010 was an *** athlete, around 90 speed, 6'0". As a junior he is my slot receiver just because I don't want to limit him by starting him. He is a 91 overall as a receiver but is also a 87 as a HB and a 84 as a QB. I play him as a slot receiver, a spell HB, and situationally as somewhat of a wildcat QB as well as as a kick and punt returner.

My best ever would have been in 06 a *** athlete who started off 68 ovr as a QB, 67 as a HB, 67 as a CB, 65 as a WR, 65 as a FS, 64 as a SS, and 58 as a TE. I used him as a QB because I was running a more option based attack. Looking back would have loved to see him in my current system though being used as the previously desribed player and seeing him develop as a WR. I redshirted him as a freshman and he went up +6. He started as a freshman at 74 ovr, he had 84 speed and was as good overall as any I had as I was by that point in my 3rd year with Idaho and we weren't a great squad yet. He was 80 overall as a sophmore, 87 as a junior, and 94 as a senior and spent the entire time being my entire offense and his junior year actually played as a backup corner and safety and returned filling in in nickle situations and returning 3 punts and 1 kickoff for TDs and returning 2 ints for TDs among the 4 he made. Just completely put the entire dynasty on his shoulders and put the team on the map.
Old 01-12-2010, 03:21 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merih
I had a 6'7", 295 lb defensive tackle come in rated as a 91 overall.

Crazy thing is that he had 80 jump, 84 speed, and 90 hit power. He is this game's version of Ndamukong Suh.

This season (his soph) he has 71 tackles...but the great thing is 10 sacks and 3 INTERCEPTIONS, 2 returned to the house. No lie, he outran a tailback in taking one of those back.
That's nuts!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2010, 11:13 AM   #32
Rookie

Macc24JR's Arena

OVR: 5

In my online dynasty as Ole Miss I've recruited some gems. In my first year I'd have to say my most productive receiver was the off-seasons best new 5* WR recruit, Tray Talbot. He's 6'3 208 and has 4.4 (92) speed but terrific hands. He almost has an easier time making the highlight reel catch it seems. I swear I'll throw the ball up to this guy sometimes and he'll make the user catch unlike any other receiver I've ever seen in this game. He's made diving one handers like Fitzgeralds TD against GB this past weekend, gone up done a 360 to go up and catch the ball. He's really good when covered, he'll drop some but he's my leading receiver in year two. Really solid player.

MLB - Atlanta Braves
NFL - Philly Eagles / Seattle Seahawks
NHL - Chicago Blackhawks
NBA - Detroit Pistons
College - USC Trojans

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »