Home

NCAA 10... PS2 version?

This is a discussion on NCAA 10... PS2 version? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2009, 02:31 PM   #1
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12
NCAA 10... PS2 version?

What's everyones take on NCAA 10 on the PS2 console? It was 19.99 at Target and I was thinking of getting it with my $50 gift card, but don't wanna waste it.

Is the game play slower? heard FCS where in the game? Presentation? Hows the overall feel?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2009, 02:58 PM   #2
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA 10... PS2 version?

Stick to NCAA 07, 08, or 09 IMO. I never personally played 10, but heard the recruiting was god awful. I have the rosters from 07-09 so if you decide to get one of those, I will hook you up with updated rosters.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:58 PM   #3
Rookie

dabigman9748's Arena

OVR: 7

I have 09 and would take that any day over the PS3 version. Also, FCS teams are in 09 so im sure that they are in 10. I have heard LG 10 has great gameplay, but progression is screwed up like it is in the NG versions. I have not played 10 but there are updated rosters for this year that are compatible with LG 09. You can probably find 09 for like $7 or 8 as opposed to $15-20 for 10. If it were up to me, I would just get 09.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:54 PM   #4
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitstreak13
Stick to NCAA 07, 08, or 09 IMO. I never personally played 10, but heard the recruiting was god awful. I have the rosters from 07-09 so if you decide to get one of those, I will hook you up with updated rosters.
I can confirm that it is, the recruiting is way too unbalanced and pointless, meaning that there are never any 5* O-Lineman and always 15+ 5* WRs. I personally have gone back to NCAA 06 which was always my personal favorite.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:33 PM   #5
Banned

GatorChomp2345's Arena

I think that you should stick with one of the afore mentioned versions. i dont know how much you are into detail and rosters but if you are go with 06 or 07. 06 is probably the best ncaa football game ever just because it is the best last gen ncaa game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2009, 12:52 AM   #6
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

NCAA Football 10 for PS2 is essentially the same as the previous couple of versions in terms of gameplay and what's in the game. The only major difference is WKU being in the Sun Belt instead of a I-A (FBS) Independent. Also, the default rosters for NCAA 10 were pretty screwed up, but you can get named rosters. I don't pay attention to recruiting (except for what caliber players I get after letting the CPU do all the work) so I can't give any opinions on that.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:20 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

I actually liked the game quite a bit. I didn't really at first, but it grew on me. I had 07 and probably liked it more, but 09 plays a pretty solid game.

As for the recruiting and stuff, the player overall ratings in the game are messed up. WRs are almost always rated ridiculously high, offensive linemen are usually low, etc. The players still play the same, you just can't pay attention to the overall rating and have to look at the skill ratings like speed, catching, etc. I don't know why they changed the ratings, but that is the only problem and is why there are so many 5 star WR recruits and why there are no highly rated OL. It doesn't affect the gameplay.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:00 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelers1
I actually liked the game quite a bit. I didn't really at first, but it grew on me. I had 07 and probably liked it more, but 09 plays a pretty solid game.

As for the recruiting and stuff, the player overall ratings in the game are messed up. WRs are almost always rated ridiculously high, offensive linemen are usually low, etc. The players still play the same, you just can't pay attention to the overall rating and have to look at the skill ratings like speed, catching, etc. I don't know why they changed the ratings, but that is the only problem and is why there are so many 5 star WR recruits and why there are no highly rated OL. It doesn't affect the gameplay.
Does it have the third-person camera on defense like the next gen games?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »