Home

Looking for Recruiting Advice for an Online Dynasty with a Stars Limit.

This is a discussion on Looking for Recruiting Advice for an Online Dynasty with a Stars Limit. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-02-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Looking for Recruiting Advice for an Online Dynasty with a Stars Limit.

Hello All,

I tried to post this yesterday but evidently it didn't get through. I will try and keep it shorter today. I am looking for help/advice on recruiting for an online dynasty with a (50* limit). We are in year 10 of the Dynasty and I am no stranger to the NCAA system. Here are a few facts about the Dynasty.

50 * Limit per season. If you go over, you lose that # of stars the following season.
  • You can recruit any number or variety of stars. For example (10 5* or Multiple 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 *.
  • 1* Do not count towards the 50* Limit.

I have owned every College Game going back to the original Bill Walsh and I have (1) friend in the Dynasty that has done the same. We play every year even when we used to have to take memory cards to and from. We have always been relatively evenly matched (He may be a bit more skilled) however, for some reason I have been unable to beat him in 2010.

• He always recruits (10) 5* players - Occasionally he has a 4* but as you can imagine, he has limited depth. Usually he grabs the top player on the board at each position he goes after.
  • For the first (6) years, I always recruited a mixture trying to scout players. Needless to say I have more depth than he does, however he has more standouts.
  • Year in and Year out, our teams (Michigan) are evenly matched in (Off/Def/ST) and our recruiting interests are similar.
  • Most of our games are decided on 1 or 2 plays and in the 4th Qtr or OT.
4 years ago, I started to recruit more like him (More 5*) because I was convinced his top players made big plays where mine failed to in the clutch (Dropped Passes, Fumbles, Missed Blocks, Ect..) However so far I have been really disappointed. Most of my 5* players never get any better than the 3* players after progression takes place. In short, most of the 5* I get end up being a 93 - 95 overall even with a RS, while my 3* generally end up between 90 - 94 overall. In short, in the 10 seasons, I have had (1) 99 overall while he has had probably 12 - 15. I tried going after the best player regardless of their ratings and consistently end up with 5 * who are 79 - 81 overall while my 3* are 77 - 80 overall. I have found that 4 * are generally the worst to go after as they never provide a benefit.

With all that said, I am looking for anyone who can tell me how to try and land the 5 * players who come in at 85 - 88 overall as a freshman. This is more along the lines of what my counterpart seems to always get.

Secondly, I run the ball a lot so I constantly look for good Run Blockers, however I often recruit 5 * linemen who apparently can not block for any passing situations. (I get sacked and the ball goes up for INT's all the time even on quick slant routes.) Is there something I should be looking for with Linemen? They have so many attributes (RB/PB/IP/STR/RBFW/PBFW/RBS/PBKS) which ones should I pay attention to?

Thank you for looking.

Last edited by claphandw; 02-02-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-02-2010, 01:45 PM   #2
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Looking for Recruiting Advice for an Online Dynasty with a Stars Limit.

You have to look what they are good at. I have found with this game that the #1 players sometimes are not as good as the #25 player at a position. An example would be like this.
RB #1: 5* 5'11" 212lbs with a spd of B-, acc of B, agl of B- and trk of C-. He is the #1 back.
RB #2 4* 6'0" 220lbs with a spd of A-, acc of A, agl of A, and trk of B. He is the #12 back.

Which back looks better? RB#1 is not that fast and will not run past anyone nor over anyone. RB#2 can get to the edge and can out run most and maybe over a guy here or there. Its easy RB#2 is better. This is from my Miami dynasty. I'm in year 4 and just booted it up while reading your post. I was in need of a back after year 3 and this was what I was looking at. I signed RB#2 who come in at a 82ovr with 93 spd. RB#1 who signed with FSU was 76ovr with 84spd but had a catch of 85.
The point I want to make is don't look at star's or ranking but what can they do. Try and find guys that fit your style of play. If you run 2x's more then pass then you need good backs and run blocking linemen. Try and find guys that have a high runblock. Your friend has figured this out and that is why his guys end up better then yours do.
The key is finding guys that fit what you want to do. I like to pass so I look for speed, & hands at the skill positions and pass blocking linemen. I never run more then 10-15 times a game and most of those come from my QB. I'm a coach and this is the style football my team plays so this is what I know.
Hope I have been of some help to you and good luck.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:49 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

That does help, thank you. You confirmed what I was thinking which is to look at the ratings (Or what I percieve to be the rankings opposed to looking at the stars.) Looks like it's back to scouting!
Old 02-02-2010, 08:32 PM   #4
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphandw
That does help, thank you. You confirmed what I was thinking which is to look at the ratings (Or what I percieve to be the rankings opposed to looking at the stars.) Looks like it's back to scouting!
You will have more success. It takes time but worth it when you pull in stars. I have yet to have a top 10 class in my Miami dynasty but my team is an A+ overall and #1 with 90% of my players I recruited. My QB was a 3* but came in as a 79 ovr and has a 88thp and 95tha. He is a stud in his RsFr year now and a 84 ovr.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »