Home

Official Remove Run Commit Petition for NCAA11

This is a discussion on Official Remove Run Commit Petition for NCAA11 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2010, 08:44 PM   #33
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Official Remove Run Commit Petition for NCAA11

The bottom line is that if the AI and Logic as well as the Line play was the least bit realistic, there would be no need for "run/pass commit". What these commits have done is allow players to call ANY defensive play and ANY defensive formation in ANY situation without ANY consequence. That is so far from realistic its not even funny. Its time to stop using gimmicks like "run/pass commit" to cover up gameplay deficiencies and FIX the gameplay.

Madden took it out, gave more weight to the Play Recogniton ratings in terms of AI and it has worked out great. I too have gotten tired of seeing gimmicks put in to try and cover up wholes in the gameplay. I am also tired of seeing people tackle my QB on a HB Dive while in a Quarters defense because they "run commit". What run/pass commit "features" have done is render defensive playcalling irrelevant. In Madden defenders with high play recogniton ratings are less likely to fall for playaction and player matchups actually matter as do the QBs play action ratings. In NCAA, the ratings and matchups don't matter because of "features" like run/pass commit are there to cover up the fact that those ratings don't matter. For sim gamers who like head-to-head gameplay this is as close to a gamekiller as NCAA 10 has.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:11 PM   #34
Banned

omfgitsgod!'s Arena

OVR: 10

I really feel like run commit is a well done feature. It gives you an advantage if your a good player. In fact I would suggest expanding upon this feature and making it work stronger and work more often. It seems to only work about 90% of the time now which is not near enough. In real life I see this "Run Commit" a lot and it works about 99% of the time
Old 02-17-2010, 05:54 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 31

You got my signature. Its so unrealistic. Its like picking someone's play in Tecmo Bowl.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2010, 06:01 PM   #36
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Why are we calling for a Petition to get this removes, rather than the smart decision, a Petition to FIX the problem.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:14 PM   #37
MVP

jclentzthadon's Arena

OVR: 15

The reason is because the game itself was a trainwreck last year and spending more than 2 secs on this feature (because 1 sec would just take it out of the game) would be a huge waste of time.

Look at how terrible the gameplay is. Do they really need to fine tune this embarassing feature?

What they need to do is fix the gameplay so it's not so atrocious...
Old 02-18-2010, 01:47 PM   #38
Rookie

o 99 PROBL3MS o's Arena

OVR: 7

omgitsgod good one. You made me laugh. Run commit belongs in family play. Run commit needs to go. Either that or wait for it..........fix the gameplay.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:01 PM   #39
GO DAWGS

drowsike's Arena

OVR: 11

I signed
Old 02-18-2010, 03:29 PM   #40
Banned

omfgitsgod!'s Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by o 99 PROBL3MS o
omgitsgod good one. You made me laugh. Run commit belongs in family play. Run commit needs to go. Either that or wait for it..........fix the gameplay.
thank you sir and I doubt EA really cares what we say. In THEIR minds they made a good college football game and what we say is just BS to them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »