Home

You want to edit NCAA 2004?-here is how....

This is a discussion on You want to edit NCAA 2004?-here is how.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2003, 10:33 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
You want to edit NCAA 2004?-here is how....

Are you thinking about adding in the names of all the players on all 117 teams for NCAA Football 2004?

If so, you are a glutton for punishment. But, none the less, playing the game with all of the players “named” is the only way to play.

Here is how you do it as painlessly as possible.

It doesn’t matter if you have a PS2, X-Box or a Gamecube, you need a good source for up to date rosters of all the teams. How else are you going to know the name of QB#5 from Ball State? The best source of info on the net for up to date team rosters is NCAADynasties.

http://ncaadynasties.com/Run_to_Glory/home.html

This website was put together by “Renegade28” and has a section where you can download an excel spreadsheet that has all 117 Division 1 team rosters (As of Spring 2003). There is also an excel spread sheet that you can download that contains each team’s new recruits that will report in this Fall. Each of these spreadsheets are sorted in an “EA format”. The EA format lists the players by position in the order that they appear in the roster file in the game. (QB, RB, FB, WR, OT, OG, C, DE, DT, OLB, ILB, CB, FS, SS, K, P) This makes is very easy to edit your roster file and locate the 55 players that EA put in the game. (EA limits the total players on each team to 55. So, you have to figure out which 55 out of the 90 or so on your team are actually ”in the game”.)

Now that you have your source of info--Print out all the spreadsheets (about 350) and put them in a binder for easy access.

Now—if you have a PS2, you get the privilege of using a USB keyboard (any USB keyboard works)to help enter in player’s names. Sorry X-Box and Gamecube owners, NCAA Football 2004 doesn’t have keyboard support for your system.

The keyboard function only works when typing in names, so you will still have to use a controller to navigate from screen to screen. Therefore, if you have some cash, I recommend that you get the “Netplay Controller” from Logitech.

http://www.logitech.com/products/lar...geid=1&crid=97

It’s a PS2 controller split in half with a detachable USB keyboard in the middle.

Now you are all set. All that you need to do is get the game on July 17th and you are ready for 40 hours of exciting and electrifying editing of rosters!

Enjoy!

If you don’t want to invest 40 hours of your time into naming players, you can buy an X-Port (A.K.A.-Sharkport) for your PS2 or an X-Box action replay for you X-Box. This will enable you to download someone else’s roster files to your PC and then transfer it to your game system.

X-Box action replay
http://us.codejunkies.com/article.as...r=0&l=1&i=5440

X-Port for PS2
http://us.codejunkies.com/article.as...r=0&l=1&i=5244

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2003, 11:27 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: You want to edit NCAA 2004?-here is how....

let me just add this.

They also sell ACTION REPLAY units for Gamecube and PS2.

Many of those who do rosters, although, do not use these methods. They use the Sharkport.

Good info
Old 07-05-2003, 09:05 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

Old 07-05-2003, 09:13 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I thought I heard you can only name up to 12 teams?
Old 07-05-2003, 09:16 AM   #5
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

fsuwharf said:
I thought I heard you can only name up to 12 teams?

that was back on the old NCAA games...like '97.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2003, 09:21 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

for real!! thats so cool. im defineltly gonna edit at least the top 25 teams. Idk bout the whole friggin league, that seems like a bit much. Sell me the idea and maybe i will
Old 07-05-2003, 09:29 AM   #7
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

it's hard for me to name even the top 25 teams

i just used Sharkport in the past and download rosters that people did already. it's much easier and if you can go back and correct some things or just change them around as the college football season goes on.

this year i'm getting NCAA on the Xbox and i have my Action Replay to download rosters off the 'net. Action Replay is the Sharkport now on PS2 also. just giving you info in case you wanna be lazy like me

Old 07-05-2003, 09:56 AM   #8
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

In anticipation of the NCAA 2004 Roster Frenzy, OS has created a separate forum for both downloading and discussing roster files. Soon after the release of NCAA 2004, you'll be seeing roster files available for both Xbox and PS2.

Please use the Rosters & Downloads Forum to discuss all roster files. There is aslo a FAQ there to ask all questions about the Action Replay and the Sharkport/X-Port.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »