Home

A Coaching Carousel would do wonders.

This is a discussion on A Coaching Carousel would do wonders. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2010, 08:57 PM   #17
Pro

fcboiler87's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: A Coaching Carousel would do wonders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theharbinater
this. just have it where you're able to designate the coaches (hc and coords) as offensive or defensive. if hc is off, then hc, if hc is def, then oc.

same with base d.

also, i love the idea of coaches gravitating to similar playing styles.

one more thing to add, and this is a must if they do a coach carousel, make sure that coaches wont downgrade their job status, unless fired.

i remember in the first nfl hc, you could hire other hc's to be oc and dc. this CANNOT happen.

and while i'm at it, can they be progressive (and regressive), please?
Even if an HC is defensive minded, typically, they still hire an offensive coordinator that runs something they want. In other words, regardless of their background, the HC has their job riding on what happens and so their entire team will typically function as they see fit. They might have a bigger hand in what type of defense is ran, but they will probably want to make sure the offense is running a spread offense instead of a Pro-I set. I understand there would have to be some way it was implemented and I would say it would just be best to let the HC determine the style so there is no loopholes in it.
Old 03-23-2010, 05:31 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcboiler87
Even if an HC is defensive minded, typically, they still hire an offensive coordinator that runs something they want. In other words, regardless of their background, the HC has their job riding on what happens and so their entire team will typically function as they see fit. They might have a bigger hand in what type of defense is ran, but they will probably want to make sure the offense is running a spread offense instead of a Pro-I set. I understand there would have to be some way it was implemented and I would say it would just be best to let the HC determine the style so there is no loopholes in it.
true, and bama's hc saban is a perfect example.

but i also like the idea of hc and coord "boosts" (for lack of a better word). this would come into play in the progression of players. obviously the hc has the greatest effect, and him being an off or def coach would make a difference.

this is where i really loved the idea of coaches gravitating to similar styles.

basically, this is what i'd love to see.

- hc focus is either off or def, with a boost to progression of players on his side of the ball.

- oc/dc same, but smaller, boost.

- coaches are better/worse at progressions of players. have ratings like "qb progression, awareness prog, weight training prog, stamina prog, discipline, etc." maybe get a little more basic, like fitness or soemthing, i dont know, but you get the idea.

- coaches progression ratings are progressive themselves. AND regressive. (this goes for players as well. if an old coach is high on discpline then he boost player discipline, but if a new coach has low discipline ratings, players should lose discipline points, or atleast not progress at all)

- if hc is off focused, he sets def style (i.e. aggressive, non-agressive, etc.) but doesnt choose playbook, dc does. if hc if def focused, he sets off style (run oriented, balanced, pro, west coast, etc), but not playbook, oc does. (obviously, the hc sets the style,playbook and other details, etc, of their focus)

- this is where the gravitation comes into play. if a hc is d focused, but wants a pro style off, then off coords with pro style playbooks would be the most interest (based on their status, of course. usc o coord isnt going to move to san jose st, etc.)
Old 03-24-2010, 04:48 PM   #19
Rookie

The Gunslinger's Arena

OVR: 9

This definitely needs to be in the game because of the endless amount of interesting combinations that you guys mentioned early. At the very least, there should be a OC, DC, and ST coach (all fully editable). Madden should take a step further by having more position coaches like NFL Head Coach. It would be great to be able to place NCAA coaches into the Madden coaching pool, however the concept would be pretty complicated. Hopefully someday, EA develops a new type of technology that allows full communication between the NCAA and Madden concerning deeper draft classes and coaching pools.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:24 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Coaching carousel would be a welcomed addition to the NCAA football franchise. What if I said I want to start the next best thing that I call climbing the coaches latter? What is climbing the coaches latter? It would be the first ever massive custom online Franchise Dynasty. I would need 124 users and 15 commissioners to advance every week. Every user would start off with an FCS team( formerly know as division 1 AA) At the end of the regular season there would be a 16 team playoff & the winner of the playoffs would get a an opportunity to move up the coaches latter to join a FBS(football bowl Series) team. The player moving into the FBS would be able to choose from the worst 30 teams in FBS or he can return to his FCS team and build his team up & move into the FBS , only after 3 straight years of national Championships.
All other players who win their conference & make it into the playoffs also get an opportunity to move up the coaching latter & join a FBS. The loser from the championship game can move into the FBS, but he can only choose from the worse 15 teams in the FBS. The players that lost in the Semifinals game get to chose from worst 13 – 14 teams in the FBS
Losers of the Quarterfinals get to pick between the 8 worst teams in the FBS
At the end of every year it is possible for eight users to advance to the FBS & every year it is possible for eight users who lost in the 1st round of the playoffs to jump ship & take over the teams that are left vacant by players who have moved up the coaching latter.
So what do we do with do if there are eight vacant teams without a user? The commissioner of that conference needs to post on the message boards & find new user to replace them.
What do you guys think? Would anyone be interested in doing this with me? I am currently creating every single FCS team on team builder. I should be done with rosters & teams bye june

XBOX 360

Last edited by fcsplayoff_comish; 03-25-2010 at 07:41 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:33 PM   #21
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

I would absolutely love it if the NCAA devs stole more from CHoops 2k8. Absolutely, without a doubt.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2010, 01:30 AM   #22
Rookie

vatechfan44's Arena

OVR: 6

This would do wonders for this game, the possibilities could be endless when playing this game and could last until 12
Old 03-26-2010, 04:29 PM   #23
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milbut
I LOVE the idea Aub, but I need to play devil's advocate here for a second. Let's take your example and say Gus Malzon leaves Auburn to head to Texas A&M. Auburn then hires Mike Leech to be the Offensive Coordinator (not realistic but a good extreme example). What does the offense do? Is the Offense tied to the Head Coach or the Offensive Coordinator? For schools like Florida and Auburn the answer to this question would be completely different. Not sure how to differentiate.
Just like Ch2k8, The new HC doesnt ALWAYS use HIS coaching style....

For example sometimes Chris Collins would leave Duke, but 5 times out 0f 10(random number) he would stick with what his new school are already doing as far as strategy goes..

However, I like the idea of the coordinators(if the game have any) determinate what defensive and offensive strategy are being used...

And just like CH2k8...Schools shall hire coaches who has the similar strategies as the HC's(In college hoops, sometimes a school will hire a Coach who has somewhat of a similar coach profile as the former HC who was successful;usually retired coaches)

Last edited by Jukeman; 03-26-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:53 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 11

yes this game is getting very stale in the Dynasty department it needs this but I really doubt it comes this year, most likely we will get tweaks,towels and OD road to glory ( which I can't freaking stand Road to Glory)

so My guess this will be another year without the coach even on the sideline, just another year of mindless robots clapping which is such a waste of the PS3/360

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »