Home

Tradition Football reviews "Locomotion"

This is a discussion on Tradition Football reviews "Locomotion" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2010, 01:42 PM   #25
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Tradition Football reviews "Locomotion"

How much time did you spend playing the cpu vs. humans?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2010, 01:44 PM   #26
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I'm not sure if you can answer this Ryno, but hopefully you can.

Did you play against athletic CPU controlled QBs? If so, were they a threat to run the ball? One of my bigger gripes with previous games was that you never had to worry about athletic QBs (even ones like Pryor or Masoli) on CPU teams as they couldn't really beat you with their legs. While I think this is mainly an AI issue, do you think that the locomotion changes will make running QBs on CPU teams dangerous with their legs?
There's supposed to be an emphasis on EAs part to make teams play like their real-life counterparts. On their main site there's even a tease for this with their "120 different ways to win." Apparently they tracked a bunch of stats last year so they could get down team tendencies. Hopefully, this means tweaking the AI so that teams with athletic QBs with actually have their QBs take off when they've got some room.

As long as the pass rush is fixed this year (DEs that actually get upfield in order to make the QB step up in the pocket and not allow him to rollout) and they make it possible for a QB to actually throw an incompletion, scrambling QBs shouldn't be overpowered.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:45 PM   #27
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
How much time did you spend playing the cpu vs. humans?
about 50/50

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 04-06-2010, 01:46 PM   #28
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
There's supposed to be an emphasis on EAs part to make teams play like their real-life counterparts. On their main site there's even a tease for this with their "120 different ways to win." Apparently they tracked a bunch of stats last year so they could get down team tendencies. Hopefully, this means tweaking the AI so that teams with athletic QBs with actually have their QBs take off when they've got some room.

As long as the pass rush is fixed this year (DEs that actually get upfield in order to make the QB step up in the pocket and not allow him to rollout) and they make it possible for a QB to actually throw an incompletion, scrambling QBs shouldn't be overpowered.
I think the problem is with the individual players and not the scheme. This is why I want player tendencies some time in the near future.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-06-2010, 01:46 PM   #29
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
what type of info are you looking for?
i think Lava is referring to some good examples of locomotion or putting hand on the back of the offensive lineman. For me it would be what did the Lbs reaction to the play. did the LB just spin on his foot to change or did he foot plant. what did the cb reaction to a double move and was his acceleration enough to get him back in the play of the ball if he bit on the double move?
Old 04-06-2010, 01:51 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 15

Could you answer my post on page 2? I dont know if that is under the NDA or not but it is all about locomotion....
Old 04-06-2010, 01:55 PM   #31
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Have you played FIFA at all? Does this system compare to their locomotion engine? If you havent played FIFA maybe you can compare it to the locomotion engine in APF2k8?
It's not as firm as FIFA but not as floaty as Madden... make sense? In a sense it's like FIFA because players will have to use footwork animations to wind down the directional movement and then go in the other direction... but you don't get the firm "grip" on the field that you get in FIFA... it's good in NCAA, just not exactly like FIFA.. but it's still ALPHA version of the game and i know they where constantly tweaking things, heck i think i played 3 different builds in 3 days.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2010, 01:59 PM   #32
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
what type of info are you looking for?
More of the examples like you talked about with Dewiel in the article would have been cool, it's still a solid article though.

The animation where the defender slips in the video, did that occur a lot in gameplay? Was it in realistic situations? Too much? Too little?

How did locomotion effect the balance between offense/defense? I know you said it makes athletic QBs more dangerous, but as a whole does it swing the balance in one direction or another?

Was there anything you didn't like about how it was implemented?

Was it still being tweaked, or do you think what you saw was pretty much how it will be in the retail version? Overall impression of it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »