Home

Tradition Football reviews "Locomotion"

This is a discussion on Tradition Football reviews "Locomotion" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2010, 01:04 PM   #49
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Tradition Football reviews "Locomotion"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverines05

Anyway, my question is whether or not there were a ton of moves that you could pull of on the controller? (Something like this would be amazinghttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8tgRw8I7U0)
not really locomotion related.... can't talk about anything that has not been released from EA.

Quote:
Secondly, do you feel as though the new locomotion system will help separate ok gamers to great gamers who are quick on the sticks by forcing players to use different, complex moves. (I personally see no skill in hitting up, left, or right, but if you could use a stutter to help set up your defender, and then string together some moves something similar to the complex ones shown in the FIFA video, that would go a long way to separating good gamers from great ones.

Thanks
i cant really talk about any RB moves or enhancements in that area.... but locomotion does require you to think ahead a bit more and play a more cerebral game. You won't be able to quickly recover if you blow a lane assignment being to aggressive.

sorry i can't be more specific

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 04-07-2010, 05:15 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 25

I have ALWAYS leaned towards the NCAA series for my dynasty fix (have NEVER gone past year 3 in madden)......But the gameplay IMHO has always been lacking in MANY areas....Locomaotion can/will address alot of those issues.

Good to see some REAL gameplay changing additions. Cant wait for more news.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:26 PM   #51
Rookie

Wolverines05's Arena

OVR: 5

Thanks for the response Ryno, but just a few more quick things that I hope you can answer.

1. Again, you may not be able to answer this, but a lot of people felt that NCAA 10 played too fast, while Madden 10 played too slow. I personally thought that NCAA was actually a tad slower than what you see in real life, as 40 times in NCAA were a bit slower than the times of real college football players. The problem came in the lack of momentum and acceleration, causing players to cover an enormous amount of ground because of their ability to change directions without having re-accelerate. Anyway, did you notice a difference in game speed in this year's game? Was it faster? Slower? Just your thoughts on games speed in general would be appreciated.

2. This may be more animation related, so I understand if you can't answer, but does the locomotion affect the cornerback's backpedal. In year's past, a cornerback could backpedal nearly as fast as a wide receiver, making coverage very unrealistic. Here's an example:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iubfFHsBXkI
Has this been affected by the locomotion system?

3. From the blog, they have all new, longer running animations, allowing for you to run longer without the animation looping. In the video, they make mention of quarterbacks moving more realistically in the pocket. What are your thoughts on quarterback movement in the pocket? and also, does the qb running the option look better? (this has been a big gripe from me on ng systems)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2010, 06:29 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 15

Will the locomotion affect things like jumping or falling?
Old 04-07-2010, 07:55 PM   #53
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:

1. Again, you may not be able to answer this, but a lot of people felt that NCAA 10 played too fast, while Madden 10 played too slow. I personally thought that NCAA was actually a tad slower than what you see in real life, as 40 times in NCAA were a bit slower than the times of real college football players. The problem came in the lack of momentum and acceleration, causing players to cover an enormous amount of ground because of their ability to change directions without having re-accelerate. Anyway, did you notice a difference in game speed in this year's game? Was it faster? Slower? Just your thoughts on games speed in general would be appreciated.
i due time man, in due time... NDA keeps me from commenting on anything in this question.

Quote:
2. This may be more animation related, so I understand if you can't answer, but does the locomotion affect the cornerback's backpedal. In year's past, a cornerback could backpedal nearly as fast as a wide receiver, making coverage very unrealistic. Here's an example:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iubfFHsBXkI
Has this been affected by the locomotion system?
to be honest, i didn't focus on this particular item enough to comment. Looking back though, the locomotion seemed to really balance the player attributes and make the ratings truely reflective of the players ability.

Quote:
3. From the blog, they have all new, longer running animations, allowing for you to run longer without the animation looping. In the video, they make mention of quarterbacks moving more realistically in the pocket. What are your thoughts on quarterback movement in the pocket? and also, does the qb running the option look better? (this has been a big gripe from me on ng systems)
your a tight rope walker aren't you.... anyways, i will say that the extended looping of animations provides a more organic feel to the animations.... how's that for a politico response...

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 04-07-2010, 08:08 PM   #54
Rookie

Wolverines05's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
i due time man, in due time... NDA keeps me from commenting on anything in this question.

to be honest, i didn't focus on this particular item enough to comment. Looking back though, the locomotion seemed to really balance the player attributes and make the ratings truely reflective of the players ability.

your a tight rope walker aren't you.... anyways, i will say that the extended looping of animations provides a more organic feel to the animations.... how's that for a politico response...
Hey thanks for responses, even though they make me anticipate the game even more. Its great to hear that the new locomotion system helps make ratings more important, as I've always felt that great locomotion and ratings that truly matter are two ofthe most important things in a sports game. Also, the fact that these ratings will really matter makes dynasty mode, specifically recruiting, that much more dynamic. Can't wait to use Denard Robinson in my formation subs, and can't wait to recruit players that fit Rich Rod's system. (olineman with good acc, rb's and wr's with great agility, etc.)
Old 04-07-2010, 09:56 PM   #55
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
I have ALWAYS leaned towards the NCAA series for my dynasty fix (have NEVER gone past year 3 in madden)......But the gameplay IMHO has always been lacking in MANY areas....Locomaotion can/will address alot of those issues.

Good to see some REAL gameplay changing additions. Cant wait for more news.
I can only hope this game brings me back to my glory days (NCAA 02-07 ps2)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2010, 08:39 AM   #56
MVP

OVR: 15
Ryonoid, great thread!

I have a very important question to help clarify something with locomotion. According to husker (I think it was him) he said he asked ian on twitter if this new locomotion system had the analog sensitive running from Fifa and ian replied "yep".

To me this means instead of just having run/sprint like in years past, now depending on how hard you push the analog stick you can go from anything to a light jog/walk by slightly pressing the analog to more of a jog/run when you push it further, to a full run if you push it all the way up. Then you can hit sprint to go into a full sprint.

Would I be correct in assuming this is analog sensitive running? This is how FIFA is and it is phenomenal, I hated the Madden run/sprint option as being the only two ways to run the last few years...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »