Home

Who are the announcers for the game this year?

This is a discussion on Who are the announcers for the game this year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2010, 04:54 PM   #49
Rookie

4solo's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Who are the announcers for the game this year?

I say keep the three that you have since they already have tons of commentary and add a fourth person.( i would love Musburger) Then you could use some type of rotation system. Some games have just two man teams, other games three man. But with four people u could have a good number of possibilities to keep the announcers fresh, so it won't have to be the same ones game after game. Something like this:

Two man teams:
Nessler, Herbstreit
Nessler, Corso
Musburger, Herbstreit
Musburger, Corso

Three man teams:
Nessler, Corso, Herbstreit
Musburger, Corso, Herbstreit

Nessler and Musburger prob wouldn't work well together b/c the are both play by play announcers so maybe a hybrid announcer that could do play by play and color commentary would work best to increase combinations
Old 04-12-2010, 12:30 PM   #50
Rookie

TylerDurdenVol's Arena

OVR: 4
Thumbs up Re: Who are the announcers for the game this year?

Musberger and Herby would be absolute gold for this game!NCAA is going on almost ten years and the commentary is pretty much the same from game one to now.It's time for a change and that youtube video just made me want it even more.Musbergers age may be a question though since EA would probably want to keep the new broadcast crew for another ten years.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:34 PM   #51
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4solo
I say keep the three that you have since they already have tons of commentary and add a fourth person.( i would love Musburger) Then you could use some type of rotation system. Some games have just two man teams, other games three man. But with four people u could have a good number of possibilities to keep the announcers fresh, so it won't have to be the same ones game after game. Something like this:

Two man teams:
Nessler, Herbstreit
Nessler, Corso
Musburger, Herbstreit
Musburger, Corso

Three man teams:
Nessler, Corso, Herbstreit
Musburger, Corso, Herbstreit

Nessler and Musburger prob wouldn't work well together b/c the are both play by play announcers so maybe a hybrid announcer that could do play by play and color commentary would work best to increase combinations
Like the idea - but seems like a lot of work for them. If they record each voice separately and try and stitch it together it could sound bland.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2010, 03:51 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 25

the announcers are:

The same 3 bumms we have had for years who bring NOTHING to the commentary and REPEAT themselves LITERALLY every 4 mins....

Sorry, i just hate the commentary as a whole and shut it off after 1 or 2 games. Just brings the game down with how awful and recycled it is.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:06 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 27

I think Corso and Herbstreit are terrible because they sound like they are reading from a script, and they're not reading from it well.

But I don't get the dislike of Nessler? I think he sounds great. I don't see any difference from how he sounds in real life to how he sounds in the game, and that's tough to do because most announcers sound in a video game very little like they do in real life.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:34 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 20

Is there any reason to think the commentary isn't going to be exactly same with a few new lines, just like every other year? Or have I missed something?
Old 04-12-2010, 09:50 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 13

As long as we don't get Lee Corso I'll be alright
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »