Home

Is anyone worried about the accuracy of the ROSTERS?

This is a discussion on Is anyone worried about the accuracy of the ROSTERS? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2010, 09:14 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Is anyone worried about the accuracy of the ROSTERS?

The only way EA's efforts to block likeness totally is to block customization and editing for ALL players. Otherwise they can make up some random roster for release and while it may take longer than usual, eventually the hardcore gamers will rally to edit and complete a good set.

I hate Sam Keller.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:13 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 14

Theres no reason they should be as bad as last year
Old 04-16-2010, 11:28 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 26

I'm not worried about it. We've got really good roster guys here @ OS. It will be more work for those guys though, that's who I feel bad for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2010, 11:28 AM   #12
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

They need to assign atleast 2 people per conference to get the rosters as accurate as possible. Not with looks but with ratings. We can handle the looks. I dont think EA does its homework when it comes to rating players. Everyone is too fast and too good. There is almost no penalty for injury.

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 04-16-2010, 11:29 AM   #13
Pro

Special27K's Arena

OVR: 9

Not a chance they're as bad as last year is all I'm sure of. I doubt the Keller case will affect the rosters this year. I can see them randomizing the player's numbers but, I'd hope they won't randomize appearance. Its already a time consuming proccess editing. They'll never get rid of the ability to edit players though, they'd have to can the create a player and I really don't see that happening.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:37 AM   #14
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

The latest presentation blog already has Jacory Harris as the UM QB and their screenshots seem to picture well known college players so I doubt they will do anything differently this year. I'm sure EA thinks they can win this lawsuit so why change until you are forced to.

The NCAA dev team has hinted at potentially creating an online roster editor where you could fix the rosters before the game is even released down the road. I'm guessing this would make sharing work easy and be used in the event EA loses.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:41 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
The latest presentation blog already has Jacory Harris as the UM QB and their screenshots seem to picture well known college players so I doubt they will do anything differently this year. I'm sure EA thinks they can win this lawsuit so why change until you are forced to.

The NCAA dev team has hinted at potentially creating an online roster editor where you could fix the rosters before the game is even released down the road. I'm guessing this would make sharing work easy and be used in the event EA loses.
This would be so awesome. I would do my own rosters for the first time since '04 if this were the case.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2010, 12:38 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEOPARADIGM
Taking this "all the way," I'd say I definitely get just as much enjoyment from this series after the proverbial fifth year, when all the players are fake. So while it would definitely suck to a certain degree, I'd still be reasonably okay with it.

And like you said, so long as EA kept full customization in, a community effort would still get some pretty dope rosters out eventually, it would just take a while.
I think I actually enjoy the recruits that i earn more than the players who are already on the team. I have had some awesome guys with awesome names to fit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »