Home

Let's do it once again.......

This is a discussion on Let's do it once again....... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 08:33 PM   #1
Banned

Geekboy's Arena

OVR: 5
Let's do it once again.......

where we build up the game and early reports will be how great the game REALLY is this year and then after it gets released after about 3 weeks it starts getting ripped apart like always.
My question is why we go through this exercise every year now for the last five years.
Developers for EA get interviewed and the hype is always accepted and for the first week the game is SO great and then in the end it winds up sucking.
It's funny how it just never ends. EA has no competition and we believe at first the incremental upgrades and then realize we've been ripped off ONCE AGAIN!
It's the definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over expecting different results and it just doesn't happen.
Most of you are Lemmings! Enjoy that ride of the cliff. You do it every single year. You just don't get it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2010, 08:48 PM   #2
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Let's do it once again.......

Some of you people take Video Games too seriously...don't like it, don't buy it, don't complain about it.

Edit: Part of it too is what Sting said, What does other people getting hyped have to do with you? I mean, its their time and money, and for what i see its a lot of caution...they like the new features, but still wait for more info--still no concern of yours.

Last edited by Pacman83; 04-17-2010 at 08:53 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:49 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 26

I just wanna say that I agree with you 100%. This game has become awful and I don't like reading the little posts about how great the game is gonna be when people hear about a new little feature.

But what in the hell is the point of your thread? What are you trying to accomplish? If people like the crap and get all hyped when they hear a new little feature then let them. Let them be what they're gonna be. This thread is no good for anyone.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:07 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 29

I'd say the last two years at least most people were very skeptical and then extremely critical when the game came out
Old 04-17-2010, 09:16 PM   #5
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

I don't know... it seems to me that last year the hype wasn't too great. Sure, we had Team Builder, which everybody was stoked for, but I can't forget the reaction when Season Showdown was announced. Oh... and FG nets...

Once the game released I didn't even buy it. My TB teams sat there, doing nothing. I had just about given up on EA and ever having fun again playing a football game on XBox...

Then, a few weeks ago I was perusing a football site and someone posted a link to EA and the new direction for this coming year. I read it. Then I ventured back here. Then more stuff was announced. When you consider today is only the 17th of April and we've been told that 11 will have the following:

• New lighting
  • Formation Subs
  • 120 Offenses/Teams playing like their real counterparts
  • ESPN Integration
  • Updated Conference Logo's as your team{s} move from one to another conference
  • Refs
  • New Equipment
  • Locomotion
  • Plus promises of even bigger surprises to come...
To me, this tops last year by miles and we still have darn near 3 months till release. The feeling is that finally EA is listening to us... the players. Things many have asked for over the past few years are being brought into the game. Yes, most of this stuff was in last gen but now... finally... it's coming to next-gen.

It is easy to get carried away and most of us have this idea in our heads of what would make the perfect game. And now... for 11... it would seem that what is in our heads and what EA is doing are closer than ever.

If the game ships and sucks and all the hype from March to mid-July is for naught, then I fear they will lose a vast majority of people. I kind of get the feeling that EA understands this. I'm not saying it will be, but right now, from what we know and the fact that we've been told even bigger news is still to come, 11 is shaping up to be the best ever football game on next-gen.

That's exciting. Yes, it's sad that it took all these years to get there, but the important thing is that it appears we're getting there. Since there is no alternative there are really only two choices: Get excited and hope that this year EA nails it... or... walk away from it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2010, 10:15 PM   #6
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

Trolling and insults will not be tolerated at OS.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »