Home

NCAA Football 11 Video: Offensive Styles

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Video: Offensive Styles within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2010, 06:57 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA Football 11 Video: Offensive Styles

Run-and-Shoot needs more option routes/on-the-fly adjustments to patterns.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:08 PM   #58
Stop the Nonsense

fsufan4423's Arena

OVR: 36

I'm happy with what I've seen so far. I really don't have huge expectations when it comes to sports games.

I'll buy it, play it for a few months, and move on. I think I've logged about 8 days worth of MLB The Show 10, and it's one of the best sports games to date.

I must say this game is shaping up to be a classic.

3 national championships 3 Heisman Trophy winners 16 ACC Championships 14 straight AP top fives

2014 BCS National Champions
Old 04-23-2010, 07:10 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
holy s**t man can you be anymore of a critic. Look at how picky you're getting about a freaking video game. It's incredible what experts people become in football and how to make video games. And they're suppose to hype of the game they are trying to get you to buy. But all you have to do is open your eyes and see the most recent videos and read the reviews. If you're going to get so picky about a game then just wait for the demo, if you like it buy it, if not don't. But people are getting ridiculous with how picky they can be.
What reviews? If your referring to the preview that was posted, those always sound they same for every game. Every preview I have ever seen of any game always makes the game sound great, so I don't see why anybody would put alot of stock in them.

As far as the video I found it to be pretty decent overall. I do agree with Rocky about both the o-line vs d-line interaction and wr/db interaction though as they look identical to last year. How exactly is commenting on both those things being picky? Those are both pretty basic things and very important in making a really good football game.

Something I would have liked to see in the video is when he was talking about different spread offenses working, if they would have included a qb read/ qb choice play to show if locomotion actually makes that play possible to run effectively this year. That is a crucial play to alot of run oriented spread offenses and to getting the style of them correct.

Like I said liked the video overall, wasn't blown away by it though and wish they would have included a couple more plays like the qb read play to show they actually may work this year.

As a side note why did they show Illinois running a west coast offense? They run a spread offense.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 04-23-2010, 07:28 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 4

As a side note why did they show Illinois running a west coast offense? They run a spread offense

Illinois has a new offensive coordinator. Paul Petrino. Brother of Bobby. They're not running the spread anymore. It'll be what you saw or didn't see at Arkansas.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:42 PM   #61
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooShay

I wanna see this in NCAA 11
Actually, Oklahoma State brought in a new offensive coordinator from Houston (who runs the Texas Tech/Mike Leach offense). No more placards this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 07:43 PM   #62
MVP

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
What reviews? If your referring to the preview that was posted, those always sound they same for every game. Every preview I have ever seen of any game always makes the game sound great, so I don't see why anybody would put alot of stock in them.

As far as the video I found it to be pretty decent overall. I do agree with Rocky about both the o-line vs d-line interaction and wr/db interaction though as they look identical to last year. How exactly is commenting on both those things being picky? Those are both pretty basic things and very important in making a really good football game.

Something I would have liked to see in the video is when he was talking about different spread offenses working, if they would have included a qb read/ qb choice play to show if locomotion actually makes that play possible to run effectively this year. That is a crucial play to alot of run oriented spread offenses and to getting the style of them correct.

Like I said liked the video overall, wasn't blown away by it though and wish they would have included a couple more plays like the qb read play to show they actually may work this year.

As a side note why did they show Illinois running a west coast offense? They run a spread offense.
Can't agree with that part about previews. Previews can have different tones to them that indicate whether the previewer thinks the game is great, good, ok, terrible. Not every preview of games whether sports or otherwise are the same or, even, bubbly, for that matter. Words like "impressive" don't get thrown around in every preview I've ever read for any game. The 3 previews of NCAA 11 that I've seen seem VERY encouraging and honest where it seems like the previewers were genuinely impressed and/or blown away with aspects of the game.

As for the vid, I'm with u. I liked it but wasn't blown away from it. The true test will be at least playing the demo as it keeps being said we have to play the game and not base it on the vids.
Some positives are in this vid where it seemed like at least one WR made a true cut on his route run. The blocking looked decent, too. I seen a O lineman actually hunt down "the correct" player to block on a run. Lol.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:48 PM   #63
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Actually, Oklahoma State brought in a new offensive coordinator from Houston (who runs the Texas Tech/Mike Leach offense). No more placards this year.
Good, those look ridiculous lol.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:56 PM   #64
Banned

Tarheel's Arena

OVR: 38

Hey Bumble still waiting to hear about the broadcast cam...figured since NCAA is using the Madden features, it should be in too....I hope....otherwise I'm very relieved to see this vid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »