Home

Dynasty Recruiting

This is a discussion on Dynasty Recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2010, 07:38 PM   #1
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23
Dynasty Recruiting

Im still playing NCAA 10 to keep my mind occupied until 11 comes out. But Im playing a Dynasty with Georgia and some of this recruiting stuff is dumb. And Im hoping 11 makes its better. If im missing stuff, just let me know.

1.) Get the Juco players out of the Recruit rankings. They dont need to be put in with the high school prospects.

2.) How about upping the height of the top receivers. I hardly see any 6'2-6'5 receivers unless they are like 3 stars. Same with DE's and QB's

3.) De-commits

4.) Dont let Texas Tech (just an example) get the top RB in the nation when all they do is throw the ball. Let the teams get who best fits their offense.

5.) Let these players be utilized. I look at these players after a year or so and they are all redshirted & crap or not doing anything, and could have been producing on my team.

6.) Some of the lower caliber schools get 4 or 5 star recruits every now and then. Id like to see a cold DE go to Baylor or something. ya know. (not hating on Baylor)

I apologize if someone has already said something about this, but these are my thoughts and what id like to see. Feel free to leave any of your suggestions please.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2010, 07:59 PM   #2
Rookie

hawkeyebred2332's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Dynasty Recruiting

Good list. Here are a few of my thoughts on what you had:

1) A seperate JUCO list would be nice, and it would also be nice if they tended to have a little more weight on them and a slightly higher awareness (for this to work players would need to have the ability to put on weight again).

4) Absolutely need to fix the way teams recruit, which I'm hoping will happen with the 120 Ways to Win thing. Hate playing GT with a 60 speed pocket passer.

And here are a few small things I'd like tweaked:

- Stop making such great recruits show up in the offseason. In my experience the #1 overall player is almost always a new recruit in the offseason. That would be like the #1 recruit in real life coming out of nowhere in early January when signing day is early February. Just a ridiculous concept.

- There are far too many 4* and even 5* recruits that end up with no offers. How many 4*'s in real life go through the whole recruiting process without picking up a single offer? Or even just 1? I see it all the time on NCAA, and while its nice to be able to offer a 4* and get him pretty easily because you are his only offer, it's a little far-fetched.

I have more but that's all I can come up with off the top of my head.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:02 PM   #3
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

Yea, thats another thing. The guy that comes out of no where in the off-season. Thanks dude
Old 05-05-2010, 08:09 PM   #4
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
Yea, thats another thing. The guy that comes out of no where in the off-season. Thanks dude
I agree, they should not have guys come out of nowhere to be 5 star recruits, but it would be cool to see some recruits go up or down one star ranking going into the offseason. This happens fairly often in real life.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:11 PM   #5
Banned

DJACK's Arena

OVR: 3

JUCO's need to be rated higher than freshman recruits. Why would a team sign a JUCO guy that is the same overall as a freshman when the freshman has 4 years to develop and the JUCO has only 2, they wouldnt. JUCO's should come in ready to play as they are older and have been playing against higher competition that high schoolers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2010, 08:55 PM   #6
Rookie

thendfanzach's Arena

OVR: 4

some juco's should be rated as studs. some defensive lineman for example are animals in real life

North Texas Dyansty: 2016-NC
Old 05-05-2010, 09:05 PM   #7
MVP

duckfever8's Arena

The biggest problem with recruiting is the logic. RB's to Texas Tech, the Next Joe Montana going to Georgia Tech or Navy or something, that stuff needs to be fixed.
NBA-Portland Trail Blazers
NFL-Carolina Panthers
MLB-San Francisco Giants
NHL-Los Angeles Kings
Won't change this signature until Oregon wins a national championship (started 3/10/10)
Old 05-06-2010, 12:28 PM   #8
Rookie

guitarchitect7's Arena

OVR: 4

The offseason idea is my biggest gripe. It's nice to have some new talent to have a fair shot at recruiting - but that's not realistic. And what sucks more is when you've spent all offseason pushing for a 3 star guy and now don't have the room, or sacrifice the room for that 5 star player....

I agree with maybe the rankings changing - but there's another logic that you have to rely on fair adjustments.

I too hope that with the 120 ways to win playing style also comes 120 ways to win recruiting style.

I think overall, JUCO's need addressed. Talent, size, awareness, etc...

Here's another I came up with as I just started a new dynasty. If you're like me, I like to play different styles in the game - thus maybe changing the style for a certain team. Why not allow someone to update the playing style, then look for recruits for that inaugural year. I went to a Run & Shoot style on an Spread Option Team and was still getting more scrambling QB's who were interested that first year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »